Daywalker

Cencorship

Daywalker    225

I feel that its important for the community to be able to give their opinion on topics freely without it being taken down by a singular staff member who disagrees. This is a fundamental imposition on freedom of speech that is toxic to the server. Rebels, similar to cops and medics should be able give their opinion regardless of the fact that they are rebels. Instead of taking down a post allow for discussion to take place where both sides can be told and a resolution can come. This community has so much potential however to see the censorship that is taking place continue with only drive the server into the ground. Recently people calling staff out for this have had their posts removed, this is an important topic that needs to be addressed. The server needs to adapt to the demands of its community for it to succeed, not ignore their opinions and prevent discourse from taking place. This is a totalitarian rule from staff that is simply uncalled for.

• Like 3
  • Seems Good 1
  • thinking3d 1

• Nova    1779

maybe just maybe, submit a staff report instead of trying to call said staff member out in public. That way it gets looked at by the higher up staff if the evidence is good or not

• Wesmart 2
    • kkool 1
    • <3 3

Red    1068
    1 hour ago, Daywalker said:

I feel that its important for the community to be able to give their opinion on topics freely without it being taken down by a singular staff member who disagrees. This is a fundamental imposition on freedom of speech that is toxic to the server.

You definitely can give your opinion on topics, so long as it complies with our community guidelines.

geera    60
    8 minutes ago, Red said:

You definitely can give your opinion on topics, so long as it complies with our community guidelines.

How was my post breaching Community guidelines on both the Ts and the Discord?

Red    1068
    3 minutes ago, geera said:

How was my post breaching Community guidelines on both the Ts and the Discord?

You were posting just to keep the shit going.

All I did was hide the post to stop the flaming and trolling, no punishment was handed out.

• Wesmart 1

geera    60

W

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

maybe just maybe, submit a staff report instead of trying to call said staff member out in public. That way it gets looked at by the higher up staff if the evidence is good or not

The reason we don't make a staff report is due to the fact we have already done this and nothing has happened. Also i believe if a person is disliked (especially a mod) and a person makes a post asking should we get rid of him something should happen to him if the majority of the people believe he should be removed.

• Dislike 1

James32    823
    2 minutes ago, geera said:

W

The reason we don't make a staff report is due to the fact we have already done this and nothing has happened. Also i believe if a person is disliked (especially a mod) and a person makes a post asking should we get rid of him something should happen to him if the majority of the people believe he should be removed.

Staffing decisions are not made on the back of public opinion, they are made on the back of who is most competent for the job.

Having a vocal minority try to appear as a majority isnt a reason to remove someone

• Like 2
    • lul 1

geera    60
    3 minutes ago, Red said:

You were posting just to keep the shit going.

All I did was hide the post to stop the flaming and trolling, no punishment was handed out.

I get what you are saying but i don't think i was shit posting, i was merely trying to state that X amount of people in a gang have been banned in a day and this punishment was dished out by solely the Commissioner of the APD and the Deputy Commissioner of the APD which at face value seems very biased. Also, if you believe i was shit posting can i see some evidence on which you believe i was shit posting. Finnally a punishment was handed out i was banned from the Ts for a community guideline breach

Thanks 

• Facepalm 1

geera    60
    1 minute ago, James32 said:

Staffing decisions are not made on the back of public opinion, they are made on the back of who is most competent for the job.

Having a vocal minority try to appear as a majority isnt a reason to remove someone

but its not a minority if the post was left for long enough and for enough people to see it will be a higher number therefore, a higher pool of people who want to voice there opinion. Also i get what you are saying with the decision are not made by public opinion but you are forgetting that its the people who play your server and its the public who deal with these people and if the people are showing their dissent in how they dislike whats happening why should no action be taken to the person?

• Seems Good 1
    • Weary 1

Red    1068
    3 minutes ago, geera said:

I get what you are saying but i don't think i was shit posting, i was merely trying to state that X amount of people in a gang have been banned in a day and this punishment was dished out by solely the Commissioner of the APD and the Deputy Commissioner of the APD which at face value seems very biased. Also, if you believe i was shit posting can i see some evidence on which you believe i was shit posting. Finnally a punishment was handed out i was banned from the Ts for a community guideline breach

Thanks 

Well then, let's go have a look at the ban reports.

https://i.imgur.com/7HEUMX2.png

Looks like a good ban, it follows the ban guideline fairly well. Nothing wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/DtttFOa.png

Well this is extremely obvious and definitely deserves a ban, Nothing wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/kkNIiKC.png

Robbing a bank and then driving striders over to and chilling outside of the police PD, which is in city limits. Well now, that's not a smart move at all.

Interestingly leniency was shown for some of the people involved here, there bans were reduced because they had a good history or were not as involved in the situation.

Which of these bans are biased to you, i've just reviewed them and can see nothing that would lead me to believe a harsh sentence was served to anyone.

• Like 1
    • lul 2

Red    1068

To summarise my previous post. The gang fucked up on several occasions, it is entirely their fault that they broke the rules not Mitch's. Accept the consequences and own up to your own actions!

• Like 1
    • Seems Good 1
    • <3 1

geera    60
    1 minute ago, Red said:

Well then, let's go have a look at the ban reports.

https://i.imgur.com/7HEUMX2.png

Looks like a good ban, it follows the ban guideline fairly well. Nothing wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/DtttFOa.png

Well this is extremely obvious and definitely deserves a ban, Nothing wrong here.

https://i.imgur.com/kkNIiKC.png

Robbing a bank and then driving striders over to and chilling outside of the police PD, which is in city limits. Well now, that's not a smart move at all.

Interestingly leniency was shown for some of the people involved here, there bans were reduced because they had a good history or were not as involved in the situation.

Which of these bans are biased to you, i've just reviewed them and can see nothing that would lead me to believe a harsh sentence was served to anyone.

Thank you for this evidence but this evidence doesn't give the whole picture. Lets take the first Ban the person went to Melbourne Pd due to them getting a message from a cop at the time saying they will not be responding to bank due to the cop to rebel ratio so this person went to PD to make sure they weren't coming (so they can abort to lobby and go to safe zone) and found they weren't coming when suddenly a person suddenly came and at that point they attempted to leave and didn't fire any bullets but the cops did return fire. The second person was inside city limits due to a common occurrence of people going into city limits and  then proceeding to retreat to a safe zone which from that point they attempted to leave city limits only to be fired at by cops and then accidentally ramming a cop in his attempt to leave city limits also if there is a video of him ramming cars id like to see that. Finally the last Ban this was due to an another common occurrence which is rage quitting but once he ragged quit he realised his mistake and then got back into the game and let them continue the raid. 

Ps: can i please have some evidence of me shit posting which resulted in my Ts, Discord ban

Thank you  

Red    1068
    2 minutes ago, geera said:

Thank you for this evidence but this evidence doesn't give the whole picture. Lets take the first Ban the person went to Melbourne Pd due to them getting a message from a cop at the time saying they will not be responding to bank due to the cop to rebel ratio so this person went to PD to make sure they weren't coming (so they can abort to lobby and go to safe zone) and found they weren't coming when suddenly a person suddenly came and at that point they attempted to leave and didn't fire any bullets but the cops did return fire. The second person was inside city limits due to a common occurrence of people going into city limits and  then proceeding to retreat to a safe zone which from that point they attempted to leave city limits only to be fired at by cops and then accidentally ramming a cop in his attempt to leave city limits also if there is a video of him ramming cars id like to see that. Finally the last Ban this was due to an another common occurrence which is rage quitting but once he ragged quit he realised his mistake and then got back into the game and let them continue the raid. 

Ps: can i please have some evidence of me shit posting which resulted in my Ts, Discord ban

Thank you  

The fact of the matter is, they broke server rules. The rules are not optional, you follow them or you get punished.
    I completely stand by my previous post.

I removed you from TS and Discord because you were part of the cesspool that was flaming and trolling, apply for an unban tomorrow. I'll accept it then.

• Seems Good 1

geera    60
    2 minutes ago, Red said:

The fact of the matter is, they broke server rules. The rules are not optional, you follow them or you get punished.
    I completely stand by my previous post.

I removed you from TS and Discord because you were part of the cesspool that was flaming and trolling, apply for an unban tomorrow. I'll accept it then.

First of all the first guy i agree they did break rules to an extent but due to the context of what happened they should not of received the punishment they received they should have gotten a watch list or a 1 day ban not a 3-6 day (can't remember how long) ban. For the second one they were not breaking server rules if a person retreats to city limits rebels are within their right to go into city limits and peruse the person and the second part of him ramming again any evidence (i can't remember the whole story). Thirdly a rage quit lets admit it we have done it but the most important thing was that he did return to the situation and hand himself in which was the right decision and he got banned for trying to right a wrong. Finally if we are talking about breaking rules what they forgot to mention was that Mitch did get killed and returned to the same situation to retrieve his guns and strider.

Ps in My ban i only made 2 comments were response to what you said

when you showed a cop who was banned the people asked you yo show a cop banned by Mitch or Augnov which you failed to do then i responded by saying all the people who have been banned in the past 2 days. But before this i was indeed laughing by saying hahaha or  something like that when someone posted what happened to Diz when he was glitching.  

@geera so because mitch did his job as a mod thats why you want him gone? Don't cry to red about censorship when you and others handled yourselves like a bunch of kids with certain things that were posted. I've known Mitch for over 3 years within Straya and hes the sort of Moderator this community needs, someone that isnt a pushover and punishes those who deserve it and with the evidence that @Red presented everything that was done is justified. Please Geera  have a sook off the forums and PM Red in the future please. :) 

• Like 2
    • wooow 1

BartAllen    17

I think if you want to make a post about community censorship it would nice to have some example evidence. If you are being censored unfairly I am sure you would have some supporters but at this current time it is just someone being upset with a pretty rough ban history, which could leave them mad at the staff team.

I myself have had issues with being censored some where else and think I dealt with it incorrectly. I think if you approached it in a more mature way you may be able to get somewhere.

P.S : Combat logging should be dealt with appropriately to set an example to the community that it is not tolerated. If they be too lenient people will they think they can just get away with it saying they "ragequit".

Edited by BartAllen
    • Like 1

geera    60
    1 minute ago, BartAllen said:

I think if you want to make a post about community censorship it would nice to have some example evidence. If you are being censored unfairly I am sure you would have some supporters but at this current time it is just someone being upset with a pretty rough ban history, which could leave them mad at the staff team.

P.S : Combat logging should be dealt with appropriately to set an example to the community that it is not tolerated. If they be too lenient people will they think they can just get away with it saying they "ragequit".

well yeah the community has been censored due to them hiding a forum about should we get rid or Mitch from mod and i made 2 post about how a cop got close to no punishment for breaking a server rule and another forum post about censorship. Also i get combat logging should be dealt with and it shouldn't be tolerated but if the person comes back to his house literally a few minutes after it happened and say sorry i don't get why he should be banned. However, people who don't do such a thing should 100% be dealt with approiatly

geera    60
    15 minutes ago, Jacob Richardson said:

@geera so because mitch did his job as a mod thats why you want him gone? Don't cry to red about censorship when you and others handled yourselves like a bunch of kids with certain things that were posted. I've known Mitch for over 3 years within Straya and hes the sort of Moderator this community needs, someone that isnt a pushover and punishes those who deserve it and with the evidence that @Red presented everything that was done is justified. Please Geera  have a sook off the forums and PM Red in the future please. :) 

So your saying the server needs a mod who has a bias due to him being a Deputy Commissioner as well as a Snr Mod. Also i would say 90% of the mods aren't pushovers and i would say a person such as Matt Ronaldo is a great explain of this. Due to him being fair,  understanding of all factions and he is not afraid to ban anyone even his close friends

Also i am not crying to Red, Red is the one who has been doing such things.

Edited by geera
    • feelsretardedman 2
    • Dislike 1

BartAllen    17
    3 hours ago, geera said:

them hiding a forum about should we get rid or Mitch from mod

"we" it isn't our decision. If you have evidence of him breaking server rules and treating community members like shit, take it to red. Trying to turn a community against one of their leaders is not the best way to handle it. I would assume if there were issues with mitch red would do what is best but that is my opinion.

It is also their role to moderate the forums and cannot comment on weather your posts were or were not against the guidelines without seeing them. 

Edited by BartAllen
    • Like 1

geera    60
    2 minutes ago, BartAllen said:

"we" it isn't our decision. If you have evidence of him breaking server rules and treating community members like shit, take it to red. Trying to turn a community against one of their leaders is not the best way to handle it. I would assume if there were issues with mitch red would do what is best but that is my opinion.

It is also their role to moderate the forums and cannot comment on weather your posts were or were not against the guidelines without seeing them. 

I got one question have you had to deal with Mitch in terms of HD or Cop? Also i am not trying to turn the community on one of its leader Mitch has been considered "one of the most hated people on the server" (Multiple people in my gang and other gangs). Also, there have been countless issues with Mitch such as him freezing a person in a heli causing him to crash and lose his gear, he banned a guy for excessive speeding in city limits, ect. 

Nova    1779
    5 minutes ago, geera said:

Also, there have been countless issues with Mitch such as him freezing a person in a heli causing him to crash and lose his gear, he banned a guy for excessive speeding in city limits, ect. 

would love to see some evidence

James32    823
    10 minutes ago, geera said:

I got one question have you had to deal with Mitch in terms of HD or Cop? Also i am not trying to turn the community on one of its leader Mitch has been considered "one of the most hated people on the server"

You really need to stop obsessing over Mitch, you've taken this past the point where it is in any way a reasonable response or criticism. At this stage you're just being petulant because people are disagreeing with you/showing some critical thought.

Yes I know a few people arent the biggest fans of mitch but he has shown the ability to do good work reliably and has been a far better staff member since he has come back following his removal. The only thing I observe is people who cannot let go of the past and accept someone has improved because they just want someone to attack/blame for their own failure to follow rules

• Wesmart 1
    • thinking3d 1

geera    60
    14 minutes ago, Nova said:

would love to see some evidence

In terms of him banning someone for excessive speeding city limits you can check the ban report and him freezing someone in a heli causing him to crash happened in the same situation of someone going into city limits to follow someone who retreated into city limits and the person with the evidence isn't online on at the moment but ill get it to you as soon as i can

Edited by geera

geera    60
    4 minutes ago, James32 said:

You really need to stop obsessing over Mitch, you've taken this past the point where it is in any way a reasonable response or criticism. At this stage you're just being petulant because people are disagreeing with you/showing some critical thought.

Yes I know a few people are the biggest fans of mitch but he has shown the ability to do good work reliably and has been a far better staff member since he has come back following his removal. The only thing I observe is people who cannot let go of the past and accept someone has improved because they just want someone to attack/blame for their own failure to follow rules

Sorry if i am giving off the look that i am being childish i am trying to state why i am a lot of people in my gang and other rebel gangs feel about Mitch having the role of Deputy Commissioner and Snr Mod and due to him being in these to prestigious roles it will lead to him having a overly high bias towards the cop force. Also the point of us blaming him for failure to follow rules is kinda of a weird statement due to people of the rebel faction receiving a more serve punishment compared to a cop. Ie. The Diz case 

• Dislike 1