decibel_spl

Petition to remove FOB Trenchfoot

FOB Removal  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

decibel_spl    76

I propose that this fob be removed from the server, along with it any AOs within 4km of the base. Any time there's one that close, piloting almost seems useless as you enter landing procedure as soon as you take off. Not to mention, the amount of resources in a 4km radius puts a significant amount of pressure on the server and frames plummet; compare my dropping to 10 fps from a standard 20+. Any AOs that are undertaken as part of this FOB should be re-located to the appropriate FOB in the quadrant of the map. (E.g. Frini to Forlorn Hope)

Edited by decibel_spl
  • thinking3d 1
  • Dislike 1

• Josh_ua    933

@decibel_spl Perhaps a modification to the frequency of AOs spawning near base would be a better alternative? Morning players or those who play during low-population periods of the day are often considerably outgunned by the by AI, and lack the assistance of support roles and pilots. Having an AO situated close enough to base to make the use of an MRAP, IFV or MBT viable during times of low population increases the satisfaction of players and likelihood of a successful objective completion.  

However, during high-population times I do agree that the objectives need to be pushed further back so as not to nullify the pilot role, and assist in reducing lag. I feel that we should increase the frequency of closer AOs during off-peak times, and remove closer AOs from peak periods where there is upwards of 40 players. 

• Like 3

decibel_spl    76
    1 minute ago, Joshua_ said:

@decibel_spl Perhaps a modification to the frequency of AOs spawning near base would be a better alternative? Morning players or those who play during low-population periods of the day are often considerably outgunned by the by AI, and lack the assistance of support roles and pilots. Having an AO situated close enough to base to make the use of an MRAP, IFV or MBT viable during times of low population increases the satisfaction of players and likelihood of a successful objective completion.  

However, during high-population times I do agree that the objectives need to be pushed further back so as not to nullify the pilot role, and assist in reducing lag. I feel that we should increase the frequency of closer AOs during off-peak times, and remove closer AOs from peak periods where there is upwards of 40 players. 

I can understand that perspective. My suggestion was only thought about because it's simply easier. To be honest, I would rather those AOs not spawn at all when there's over 20-25 people on. They ruin my experience playing due to the frame drop and waste of piloting.

Josh_ua    933
    15 minutes ago, decibel_spl said:

I can understand that perspective. My suggestion was only thought about because it's simply easier. To be honest, I would rather those AOs not spawn at all when there's over 20-25 people on. They ruin my experience playing due to the frame drop and waste of piloting.

Restricting the closer AOs completely when there is only 20-25 players is probably not viable in my opinion, but that is something that would be analysed and discussed by the I&A staff anyway. Unfortunately many I&A pilots tend to develop a bit of tunnel-vision in regards to what their role can be. In the case of a close AO, consider the following:

Spoiler

Pilot 1: Close fire support with a Ghosthawk & 2 AI gunners

Pilot 2: Evac operations (prisoners, medevacs)

Pilot 3: Supplies (rearm the FOB, HQ, snipers, APCs/MBTs/IFVs)

Pilot 4: Side mission transport/rearming/evacs

Pilot 5 6: Main AO transportation (for all the lazy infantry/snipers)

Pilot 7: Helicopter CAS (Pawnee, Blackfoot, Y-32)

When there are few troops to transport or it is otherwise not viable, we should consider undertaking other supportive roles as a pilot. Can't help ya with your FPS though, that's a you problem ?

• Clap 1

decibel_spl    76

Another idea I thought of: with the removal of this fob, make the FOBs in the quadrants last an AO or two longer. Doing this would allow the FOBs be more useful as everyone is in the one area of the map for longer.

• Seems Good 1

webbie    186

On 3/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, TailGunner said:

With regards to FOB's. FOB Kokoda on the Tanoa server never spawns vehicles when it's set up. Not sure if anyone know's about this.

@TailGunner Can you chuck this in here please.

https://strayagaming.com/invade-annex-bug-tracker/public-reports/

Dogofwar    36
    On 3/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, decibel_spl said:

I propose that this fob be removed from the server

Instead of removing it relocated it to a better location in that area, because when it comes to missions up there i can be really handy.

• Like 1

decibel_spl    76
    1 hour ago, Dogofwar said:

Instead of removing it relocated it to a better location in that area, because when it comes to missions up there i can be really handy.

Fair enough choice, the problem of course is not the location of the FOB, but the AOs that spawn with it. I figured removing the FOB and reallocating the AOs accordingly, is the cleanest, most efficient way of solving the issue.

Regardless, where would you propose moving the FOB to?

Edited by decibel_spl

pkisbest    198

To keep it in theme with the north section, somewhere around Orekastro would be my recommendation. However there is already a FOB that spawns in that area (and is responsible for that area).

• Like 1