BigRed

Side Mission Dibs

BigRed    133

So there's been some discussions about Side Mission rewards.

I think it might be a good idea to introduce a rule that the players who complete the side mission get dibs on the reward.

The tricky thing is actually putting it in writing. For example, it's all good if it's a recent claim, but what if there's a T140 sitting there for 2 hours, obviously it should be fine for anyone to take at that point.

Any ideas from the floor on how it could be worded to allow this flexibility?

• Noskire    123

The side-mission reward could be spawned at the side-mission base.

• Like 1

pkisbest    198

A simple solution would be for whoever completed the mission to claim it within a specific time limit (say 15mins).

Side mission rewards are the entitlement of those who are verified to have worked for and achieved it. 

Verification will take place through:

• Usernames designated in bold chat for the accomplishment of objectives relevant to the side mission
    • Players in group(s) whose group name(s) have been designated in bold chat for the accomplishment of objectives relevant to the side mission

Exclusions to entitlements will be made :

• to players who join credited groups post-mission if distinguishable
    • for rewards that require specific slots ( e.g. aircraft for pilot, tanks for Ironsides ) to use should those that would normally be entitled by the aforementioned conditions ( claimants ) fail to change to a relevant role to make use of the reward within a reasonable duration immediately after the end of the side mission.

Should there be multiple eligible claimants, reward ownership will occur on a first come first served basis, or otherwise determined between claimants. Administration and moderation staff will have no jurisdiction in this circumstance.

All rules are subject to relevant staffer interpretation and all decisions made by them are final. Differing interpretations by involved players ought to be voiced and sufficiently justified prior to such decisions being made. This burden falls entirely on the player to do so.

There. The general idea that you @BigRed wish to achieve is not easy and requires policing on the part of staffers. It can and probably will get annoying but the language of the text must be sufficiently vague for you to " play " with and make decisions, thus I used " if distinguishable " and " reasonable duration ". So if there's contention, one can deem it indistinguishable and move on, or if 25 min was too long, it'd be unreasonable without having to constantly verify condition after condition based on X min and past time T did Y player join Z group.

Edited by Persona-non-Grata
    • Like 1

pkisbest    198

Yeah it’s pretty much how it’s unofficially treated at the moment. Players who do the side mission get first claim to the reward. If there’s no dibs after a length of time, or if the players who did the side mission give permission to do so, players are allowed to grab them as they please.

Maredea    3

I feel that we work as part of a team and it goes against the team-spirit to lay claims and dibs on equipment and vehicles. 

• Like 1

real    114

yep, I agree with Maredea.  Using a blackfoot, for example,  exclusively to complete side missions when the main ao could use that equipment is selfish and unnecessary.

• Like 1

Turbanator    40
    48 minutes ago, real said:

yep, I agree with Maredea.  Using a blackfoot, for example,  exclusively to complete side missions when the main ao could use that equipment is selfish and unnecessary.

Real, they are talking about the reward of a side mission not using it. I&A might be team focused but some people like to go solo.

If it is possible there could be a trigger in the side mission that spawns the side mission vehicle at a place in base that cannot be accessed from the outside and the players in the radius of the side mission are teleported to the vehicle.

• Like 1

real    114

I think I understand.  a "side mission team" gets a reward for completing the side mission. they feel they should get that reward to use exclusively because they unlocked it.
    there are a few problems with this.  you get "side mission teams" who exclusively attempt the side missions,  and who get upset when other people join the side missions.
    side missions are often more satisfying than the main missions and if you now get the rewards exclusively, why would you not just do side missions?
    I've seen people use the blackfoot for side missions, (which is pure overkill), when there was very few people on the server and who could have used that assistance at the main ao.  their stated position was that side mission team unlocked it, they get to use it.

how many times can one say side mission?

• Like 1

What about if you or a group complete a side mission and you gain points. Say 10 points, the points could either be given out equally, 10per person, or split between the player that were nearby. Minimum of 1 point given if more than 10 people are around, so no one gets left out. 

Players could then use their points at that time to spawn a lower tier vehicle of their choosing OR save them up to get a higher tier one. The points would be used up when spawning a vehicle.

This would solve the issue of players taking side rewards without permission and it gives incentive to actually do side missions as some people feel that the rewards for the most part are sub par majority of the time.

Thoughts?