Kalthramis

[Feedback Please] FOB Constructor

Kalthramis    58

Hey guys. 

I'm in the process of creating an FOB constructor role. Barring no issues with it, Quick MIGHT implement it to the server. 

Before I explain how it will work, think about how you would want an FOB constructor to work. What would you want them to be capable of? Should the role be whitelisted? Would you even want this role to exist? Would it be better to leave the server slot for another class? 

Take a moment to type up your answer before reading on. 

Got it? Alright. 

Presently, my system works like this: The FOB operator has a restricted Zeus interface. They can place defensive objects around a HEMETT truck, such as cargo buildings, H barriers, sandbags, lamps, and unmanned static defenses such as a raised HMG. 

Their zeus points do not recharge, meaning they are limited by what they can place. To add more requires deleting others. 
They also cannot place objects within 50 meters of allies. Both to prevent trolling, and to limit them from adjusting the base once it is manned. 

Attempting to fly away as Zeus, ex to recon ao, exits the Zeus interface. 

What are your thoughts? Concerns, ideas, comments? Add these to your initial write up and hit reply.

• Like 1

• Jay    661

Nice idea, but would be abused like no tomorrow. :|

• Like 1

Nova    1779

sounds like a good idea but it might cause a bit of lag on the server. i think maybe adding in hades for the zeus interface and getting someone with zeus to place something from there down would be a good idea.

alternatively have a vehicle that transforms into an FOB like the hemtt without the trailer. and it would stay there until the ao is completed. and then it would be deleted

just my thoughts

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58
    12 hours ago, Jay said:

Nice idea, but would be abused like no tomorrow. :|

How would it be abused? I'm doing my best to prevent any potential abuse, so I'm open to any ideas. Worst case, it could be a whitelisted slot that only registered straya members can use. With autorefund after each ao and limited zeus vision, as well as not being able to place anything near players or far from the FOB truck, I think I've got it on lockdown.

9 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

sounds like a good idea but it might cause a bit of lag on the server. i think maybe adding in hades for the zeus interface and getting someone with zeus to place something from there down would be a good idea.

alternatively have a vehicle that transforms into an FOB like the hemtt without the trailer. and it would stay there until the ao is completed. and then it would be deleted

just my thoughts

Hades is excellent. I have considered a vehicle popping into a premade FOB, but that honestly sounds like a bigger headache to me, and less fun. 

Edited by Kalthramis

Zombine45    177

I'd love to see a FOB constructor in one form or another, either as an extension of the bobcat's functionality or it's own vehicle. I'm not sure how i really feel about the whole zeus thing, personally i rather having a few premade bases to choose from and place as a whole unit. To expand on the premade thing, i was thinking that each set had a different function, as in; one is an infantry resupply/respawn area, one is vehicle service, one is defensive emplacements and such.