Unit_3397

Combat Loggin in Wasteland

Unit_3397    712

Hi All.

I cannot speak for other players, but over the past few weeks on the Wasteland Server, I have personally witnessed cases of players from what I believe to be combat logging during a firefight. 

WARNING : Combat logging can be classed as exploiting the game, and I consider it to be a violation of Rule 6 in the regulations. It takes out the fairness of game-play for honest players, just as disconnecting when you get downed, preventing players from looting your body. So should I capture footage of anyone one of you doing such acts, well, you have only yourself to blame for the consequences should you be deemed guilty. 9_9  Feel free to take a gander at the rules to refresh your memories :D

Recon donkey, Sorry to use you an example, ;) but unfortunately I deleted footage of another recent case by accident when I shot a BLUFOR member on the Runway with my T-100 Tank, slowing him to a crippled walk pace, and while I was reloading a new shell, he disconnected. So I can only show the video below that occurred earlier today.

If you were loosing connection, it would have stated in the chat menu down to the left of the interface. But the only message involving your name simply stated player donkey disconnected. This raises my eyebrow a tad o.O and Id just like to note that you have disconnected on me once before, when I was sniping you along with player @Swordfish near the airbase south hill; which is why i'm questioning if you are indeed combat logging.

From my prospective, Donkey logged off, waited till he would have thought I moved on, then re-logged back in, However I was waiting for him.

In any case, if you or the Moderators/ Admins find my side of the story above or the video below to not support my claim, I apologize for falsely accusing you, but again, this post isn't just pointed at you,

This post is for all players that are playing in the wasteland server... ;P

Peace out! and play fairly! ^_^

Regards.

Unit_3397

• Like 2

• Ya Mum    187

I didn't think combat logging was that easy to do because it says you can't log off while in combat or something like that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I did see in the left that he did log in and out quite a few times today when I was on but really didn't think much of it.

Ill keep an eye out for people logging and if you see it when we mods are on let us know right away.

• Like 1

Mozkelby    379

I'd agree. This is something I'd be keen to take up with the higher admins and have some (more 'direct') rules placed around.

@John Paul Perhaps we could discuss this some time.

Leopard    7

You can indeed ALT + F4 whilst under the "Can't pussy out during combat"

I know because of when server restarts!

This has the same affect as logging out and does not remove your gear.

Maybe if possible like DayZ you're body could stay visible and kill able for the timer of your "can't pussy out during combat"

Seems very hard to code but if possible would be a good addition.

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on the end of me bullocks //

Swordfish    19

nice vid :) Long time player, first time accuser. High five unit :):)

But yes I agree with the above, some of my proudest moments is removing peoples gear, IIA Donkey and Ya Mum. If I go to the effort of chasing them to the other side of them map, I should at least get their gear.

Nice server.

Swordfish    19

also the latest update when you kill someone with a gun, it doesn't show who you where killed by. Nothing gives me more tickles then when it shows IAA recon donkey was killed by swordfish. Can we get this back. Its useful to know who your assassin is.

Ya Mum    187

Baaaaahahahahaha I like the fact it doesn't show up on the map. 

Not a fan of not seeing who killed who though

• Like 1

Swordfish    19

also reduce the cost of mortars. A very fundamental weapon of the game is now never used due to its purchase price. mortars are fun, and to the complainers, if a place is getting mortared you stay away.

anyway my old age arthritis is kicking in. peace out.

• Like 2