Leopard

4 Way Test

Leopard    7

4 Way Test

So recently on the forums, I have noticed myself and other forum staff often dealing with people posting content that has
either started and argument or would be counted as flaming or argumentative, as this is quite annoying and can cause quite a bit of
hate between members of the community, I thought I would share something I was taught this year at school, regarding content
students were posting on social media, this was called the "4 Way Test",

Nice and easy, the 4 Way Test is simply four questions you should quickly ask your self before posting anything essentially any where, I feel this can help you not only on the forums, but on social media, group chats or anything really where you are voicing your opinion that involves anyone else.

Anyway, the four questions are as follow.

1. Is it the TRUTH

2. Is it FAIR to ALL concerned

3. Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS
OR on the forums;
3. Will it ADD to the topic or thread, is it needed

4. Will it be BENFICIAL to ALL concerned

Now all I ask is that before posting, you consider the four questions, ask your self real quick and double check that what your about to post isn't going to breach the 4 Way Test. If it is, it probably isn't suited to the forums and may end you up in trouble.

- Leopard

• Like 1

• Saundo    270

Seems like 5 because you have two step 3's. 

This also sounds like some Susan Mclean BS. I was one of the kids she tried to get suspended from schools. 

#SorrySuzie

• Like 2

Yuri    441
    13 hours ago, Saundo said:

Seems like 5 because you have two step 3's.

Read it again, there are only 4 steps.

@Leopard This is a great idea and while it is something that would be considered common sense there is the fact that common sense is not that common.

• Like 1

Spectral    1342

The whole thread descended into an argument about, who and when should argue and what is acceptable. 

In short, it derailed. Hard. All posts hidden past anything productive, by me, not Leopard, and thread locked. 

Once it becomes a back and forth argument, the productive part is out the window. 

Debating is one thing. This was another. Move on. 

-Spec