Stryker

Can you guys please add a HALO jump to the server?

Stryker    0

To preface the only reason I played Arma 2 was for Domination (precursor to Invade & Annex) and the server I always played on was hosted by Grevious Bodily Harm (GH).

In that server there was a flagpole aka HALO jump that you could interact with which equipped you with a parachute and allowed you to spawn anywhere high up in the air. This made it so much more fun and convenient for me to get to the AO and engage with the enemy. 

With HALO jump I don't need to wait for the heli, wait for the heli to get to AO and then run a fair way until I get into the AO especially if the heli crashes and I have to do it all over again. Plus I land much closer to the AO than heli because of much smaller target

More enemy infantry and armoured vehicles should be spawned to complement the HALO jump

Hope you consider

Edited by Stryker

• Nova    1779

hey stryker

we have considered adding in HALO jump but decided against it. reason being it defeats the purpose of the pilots besides them being there for cas. if everyone is dropping into the ao really close theres no working towards the hq or radio tower, if you can just jump onto it and place satchels.

it pretty much reduces the teamwork required to complete an ao.

also adding more units in compensation would increase lag and decrease server performance

• Like 2

Stryker    0
    22 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

also adding more units in compensation would increase lag and decrease server performance

I don't recall the servers I played Arma 2 Domination on having lag or performance issues and they had way more units. Have you tried adding more units before? Or is the server you guys are using is not capable enough?

Edited by Stryker

Fitz    1239
    47 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I don't recall the servers I played Arma 2 Domination on having lag or performance issues and they had way more units. Have you tried adding more units before? Or is the server you guys are using is not capable enough?

Arma 2 and Arma 3 are different. We've tried adding more units and, because the server isn't capable of handling it, it lags. 

• Like 3

Fish    174

I think at the moment the system works great.. It helps the players communicate and feel like they are actually there in the helicopter with the pilots.

Cool suggestion tho, I remember halo jumping back on Arma 2 :D @InfamousNova @Fitz @Stryker  

WestOz    40

Personally, the only reason I invest in A3 is for its near "realism" to past and current ADF in the middle east etc, incl ability, equipment & textures, rather than futuristic/imaginary high gloss concepts that "may" never eventuate in real life. Plenty of other options out there to appease that audience.

• Like 1

WestOz    40

I replied to this not "fully" understanding/never experiencing what "Halo jump" is in "Arma"

My only knowledge/belief of "Halo" is the (imo) immature kiddies game my son used to play on his console, with lots of annoying voice chat (etc) from boys whose left one hadn't yet dropped.

The other night, Once again not being able to get into Straya I&A server (maxed with freeloaders) I jumped in another server running Tanoa, it had what was described as Halo, a flag pole at spawn which I had to scroll on and select where I wanna go, rolleyes, however persisted as I hadn't yet played/checked out a Tanoa Map, all of a sudden I'm free-falling, realism? I think not.

However I've since discovered apparently it can also spawn (= not realism) me into a high alt plane to para out of, if that interests anyone, why not jump in a chopper, ask the pilot to take ya 60000ft, and para out. However like RL, due to chute you'll have limited kit/equipment when landing, will have to pick it from corpses.

Stryker    0
    On 8/25/2016 at 7:31 AM, WestOz said:

I replied to this not "fully" understanding/never experiencing what "Halo jump" is in "Arma"

My only knowledge/belief of "Halo" is the (imo) immature kiddies game my son used to play on his console, with lots of annoying voice chat (etc) from boys whose left one hadn't yet dropped.

The other night, Once again not being able to get into Straya I&A server (maxed with freeloaders) I jumped in another server running Tanoa, it had what was described as Halo, a flag pole at spawn which I had to scroll on and select where I wanna go, rolleyes, however persisted as I hadn't yet played/checked out a Tanoa Map, all of a sudden I'm free-falling, realism? I think not.

However I've since discovered apparently it can also spawn (= not realism) me into a high alt plane to para out of, if that interests anyone, why not jump in a chopper, ask the pilot to take ya 60000ft, and para out. However like RL, due to chute you'll have limited kit/equipment when landing, will have to pick it from corpses.

Ya realise lots of people including me dont care if its not realistic. Realism=/=Fun for a lot of people.

Fighting more and waiting less makes for a way funner experience IMO

Ora209    142
    On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Stryker said:

Ya realise lots of people including me dont care if its not realistic. Realism=/=Fun for a lot of people.

Fighting more and waiting less makes for a way funner experience IMO

See thats were arma gets its indeviduality in its unique playstyle, if ylur looking for fun and not really realism i would suggest something like battlefield... @WestOz traditionally the halo jump is usually done from a carrier jet like a Hercules and its basically like just throwing everyone out of the plane (as wierd and fun as it sounds) but the server that your describing sounds kinda fucked up in that you just spawn at high alt without travel time ect. but as i believe it, it is possible to run a script on the server to kinda eject the players in something like the blackfish... i belive the server already has the script imbedded in either the server or base code arma... for example the blackfish can eject/unload the vehicles.

Just a thought

Rogmantosh    242

oh there are ways to eject people from vehicles... though my current experience just dumps all players from all vehicles in the server... was awesome that it worked but not so awesome when it did everyone. there is a way to do it for a single vehicle though all players as mentioned before would be without their backpacks for the realism side of things.