Leopard

Making Cesnas Cheap

Making Cesnas cheaper  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leopard    7

Making Cesnas Cheaper Petition

Cesnas are absolutely useless....

5,000 for a tin can death trap is a bit over the top!!!!

Cesna

Cons:
No Armour rating
No Radar
No Flares
Kinda slow

Pros:

Can have a lot of fun in them

Challenge yourself and mates to land on the side of hills out the front of gun stores!

Parachute out into gun stores!

Wasteland = Tanks, jets, Mortar, Launchers, LMGs.

What is a few more cesnas going to do.

Make them $750 or $500 or $1000

A lot of fun can be had in Cesnas, making them purchasable straight off spawn would be amazing.

Why bloody not!??!?!?!?

- Vote 1 Cesna United (CU).

@Aidanjr @Saundo

• Like 3

• Vertigo    4

If you can buy them right off spawn so if it's cheaper then $1500 it would be to overpowered you would be able to go wherever you want on the map within less then one minute. Now you could say well you could get AA'd and not be warned and blown up but you could fly on the outskirts of the map. Anyways I like the idea but if it was cheaper then $1500 in my opinion it would be overpowerd. They are fun tho!

@Angus

Leopard    7

Overpowered?

The odds of Airfield spawn are low.

Even if you have beacons you have to drop down, run to store, but it, taxi.

You are a fresh spawn, do all the previous provides you don't get one tapped by a bit of loose concrete.

So, if you do manage all this you now have to not get AA'ed or shot down by a 5.56. Or aimbotted by hostile missions.

If you manage to get where you want to go you still only have a pistol and no armour.

How a process that takes too long is over powered I'm confused. ;)

@Jared @Unit_3397

• Like 1

Vertigo    4

Think of it this way. Opfor have airfield as they do 90% of the time. You killed me (Never going to happen) no spawn beacons were near by I just simply spawn at the airfield run 50 meters into the vehicle store and buy my plane. Now yes there might be some AA and missions but if your smart about it you would go around it. Fly over my dead body and jump out. Why is a Cessna plane different to any other air vehicle you are risking getting AA'd and or missions, you just have to play safe about it.

From respawning and running to the vehicle store to buy a plane will take you 1 minute IF there's no disturbance. So I don't know how this "process" is too long  

And if your not opfor then you will probably die spawning at a beacon at the airfield. Which either way if the plane is $1 or $5000 chances are you are going to die. It's opfor. 

Even if opfor don't have the airfield it would work the same way. Blufor have the airfield I die spawn on it buy a plane with starter money and I'm off. Flying at about 2-3Km off towards the ocean back towards my dead body or a place with enemies.

I think $5000 is fine as it requires players to spawn go to the atm then vehicle store. 

I do see what your saying when it will be fun making a challenge with them or what not but then it's a wasteland server not a server that you will be making challenges on yes it would be fun and I do it rarly. If the Cessna was less then $1500 you would have so many people doing it and defeating the purpose or game mode of wasteland. 

In the end I think it's too "overpowered" because you could get any where within the map so fast not costing you any money as its starter money. Even if you get shot down who cares but another plane and go the other way. 

No flame war is meant to start from this post just my opinion thoughts? @Mozkelby@Links @Unit_3397 @Ya Mum

• Like 1

Ya Mum    187

I'd say make them 2,000. Not too much to be too hard to get and not easy enough for a fresh spawn to get. 

Remember hummingbirds are 5000 too and really, they are no different to the Cessna

Vertigo    4
    6 minutes ago, Ya Mum said:

I'd say make them 2,000. Not too much to be too hard to get and not easy enough for a fresh spawn to get. 

Remember hummingbirds are 5000 too and really, they are no different to the Cessna

It is kinda easy for a fresh spawn to get. I'd spawn at the airfield first thing I would do is look for a vehicle jump in it go to the vehicle store sell it then go to the other side of the map in no time.

Good point with the humming bird. Plane is faster easy to go to your location but you can't land and use it later down the track so it's kinda even. 

Edited by Jared

Leopard    7

It's just a discussion. I respect all opinions thrown around.

I agree with Ya Mum. 2,000 make it just that little bit tougher to buy, not straight off the bat but not too hard to get.

They are in the end dead set useless.

Too say you can get anywhere in the map yeah sure, but I can get on a quad bike and go from south to north in less then 5 minutes.

Get in a hatchback sport and you can more then half that.

It's wasteland, if you can't handle someone. A fresh spawn! coming back to their body.. Well enough said.

Good discussion all round!

• Like 2

Dak Commstar    139

Considering the only place you can buy them from is the airbase, why not. 750 however undermines land transport so maybe as mentioned above at 2000. You can easily sell the car you drove there or find one nearby to make the extra $500.

• Like 1

DanOmate    17
    On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, Vertigo said:

Think of it this way. Opfor have airfield as they do 90% of the time. You killed me (Never going to happen) no spawn beacons were near by I just simply spawn at the airfield run 50 meters into the vehicle store and buy my plane. Now yes there might be some AA and missions but if your smart about it you would go around it. Fly over my dead body and jump out. Why is a Cessna plane different to any other air vehicle you are risking getting AA'd and or missions, you just have to play safe about it.

From respawning and running to the vehicle store to buy a plane will take you 1 minute IF there's no disturbance. So I don't know how this "process" is too long  

And if your not opfor then you will probably die spawning at a beacon at the airfield. Which either way if the plane is $1 or $5000 chances are you are going to die. It's opfor. 

Even if opfor don't have the airfield it would work the same way. Blufor have the airfield I die spawn on it buy a plane with starter money and I'm off. Flying at about 2-3Km off towards the ocean back towards my dead body or a place with enemies.

I think $5000 is fine as it requires players to spawn go to the atm then vehicle store. 

I do see what your saying when it will be fun making a challenge with them or what not but then it's a wasteland server not a server that you will be making challenges on yes it would be fun and I do it rarly. If the Cessna was less then $1500 you would have so many people doing it and defeating the purpose or game mode of wasteland. 

In the end I think it's too "overpowered" because you could get any where within the map so fast not costing you any money as its starter money. Even if you get shot down who cares but another plane and go the other way. 

No flame war is meant to start from this post just my opinion thoughts? @Mozkelby@Links @Unit_3397 @Ya Mum

Well, many players have spawn beacons set up around the entire map, where they can spawn in, without the need of any transportation. Would really only serve to slow them down if they were to buy a plane.

Exactly, it is a wasteland server, but the Caesar has no real military application except para drops, and at great risk to itself at that.

Honestly speaking, I see no real reason why It shouldn't be cheaper. Would be nice to see more of these babies flying around, give us some target practice ;) 

• Like 3

Angus    35

I would say that Caesers should be 2k so you cant get them when you spawn in and therefore allah a bloody Kaj within 1 minute. But i do agree that the priece of caesers should be lowered, and im also pretty angry that they do not have a radar to detect AA but i don't think you can change that, but i am mainly peeved off at that people actually shoot AA at caesers. Thanks for reading <33

Vertigo    4
    2 hours ago, Angus said:

I would say that Caesers should be 2k so you cant get them when you spawn in and therefore allah a bloody Kaj within 1 minute. But i do agree that the priece of caesers should be lowered, and im also pretty angry that they do not have a radar to detect AA but i don't think you can change that, but i am mainly peeved off at that people actually shoot AA at caesers. Thanks for reading <33

Easy let's make a rule if you AA a Ceaser then your out :)

CreedJr    385
    On 10/9/2016 at 9:50 PM, Vertigo said:

You killed me (Never going to happen)

Just to add in... got you with an M320 from bottom of airfield and you were in a bush up near gun store :p

Annnyways back to it.

I agree with leopard it is an unarmed vehicle that could be shot down with a MK20... I think it is not worth as much as an armoured hunter.

• Like 3

Abu F    4

Don't know why every small civilian plane is called a Cessna :( It's more of a Piper PA-28 :p 

Anyways, despite the inaccurate naming, I agree with OP, the price should be put down, I believe to $2500 at least (because fresh spawn might get $500 from captured bases straight after respawn: 1500 + 500 = $2000) so $2500 should be reasonable.