LuckyB33f

Altis Life Recreation

• Steve Jones    122

@LuckyB33f 

Hi My Suggestions is adding more thing to Civ / Rebles Shops For E.G

Rebel - Hellcat (Unarmed), Apex Clothing (Viper Squad Gear) 

Civ- More Clothing (Apex Clothing) 

Cheers :)

Edited by Steve Jones
    English
    • Like 1

Zorgain    482

The map has SO many markers and a lot of stuff everywhere causing FPS drop whereas its good on the one now

• Like 2

Nova    1779

i know i dont really have a say. but this is something alot of us can agree on is that the amount of map markers is quiet annoying some times. so perhaps a filter of some kind?

Yuri    441

Most important things to bring in are;

1. New Crafting System and removal of buying high powered weapons
    2. New locations of Bank/Fed/Prison
    3. New Fields (i.e. Cotton,Logging etc.)
    • Like 3

Leopard    7

Map. Props. Structure. 

@LuckyB33f

1. Revert back to old Altis Map. Make slight changes, nothing major. 

1.1. Keep current PD, Current Rebel 1 & 2. Keep current market. 

1.2. The only thing people don't like with current Altis is the bugs and lag. The rebuild only needs to fix them. 

1.3. Keep the addition of props inside buildings like Sydney Bank etc. Remove all others that aren't in current Altis. 

2. Overall placement of things; i.e. Sydney Bank, jail. Exactly where it will need to change will be more obvious moving forward. 

3. (When possible). Add an objects menu like wasteland, seperate from view distance. This allows players to turn it up so that the terrain at distance isn't floating. See this as a key addition that would help a lot. 

The map aesthetics have been over done. The current PD, the current market, current reb1 and 2. All perfect, a few added props that sit nicely in the background and have no effect on FPS. The ones in new look nice, fit in. But aren't needed. They kill fps and can look cluttered. I personally think remove mose of them. Keep current major locations and use them. They are good. 

The props inside the office buildings and banks are nice, don't kill fps as they are small and can be left there. Those are needed for the RP. They are expected to be there. Leave them.

The placement is key, possibly sydney bank could move back a bit closer. Not in Sydney, but not so far away. 

Structure; Where things is, how it all works in relation to everything else will need refinement but those will become more obvious with time. 

Overall:

Keep the current Altis' maps, major locations. Nothing needed to change, all was good when it comes to looks. 

Work on the code, the code seemed quite smooth which is good (bugs to be expected). Just really need to nail the map.

Edited by Leopard
    • Like 4

Zac    116

Make sure all scripts are running and working to start off with,

Make sure the cops have skins so you can tell if they are a cop from a distance, 

Keep the map how it is.

• Like 1

LuckyB33f    1287
    32 minutes ago, Yuri said:

You under stood how i wanted a list and it makes sense this is where we start

• Like 4

Envy    649
    1 hour ago, Steve Jones said:

@LuckyB33f 

Hi My Suggestions is adding more thing to Civ / Rebles Shops For E.G

Rebel - Hellcat (Unarmed), Apex Clothing (Viper Squad Gear) 

Civ- More Clothing (Apex Clothing) 

Cheers :)

//Done

Envy    649
    57 minutes ago, Yuri said:

//Done

• Like 1

I don't know if this will work, and it probably won't but i just thought of having one small bank in each major city; Sydney, Brisbane. ext (legal to walk into and take money out)
     and having one major bank that you can't just enter without rebel intentions i was thinking that this would be on the right side of the map but that might be too close to reb 2

and it would just be a big bank that's hard to rob but has a lot of money. ( kinda like another fed i guess :/ )

Zorgain    482

1. Use of real building (Sydney bank in a office building not over the water)
    2. Less objects in one place
    3. Market the same way it is just a re-vamp
    4. Rebel 1 & 2 make over (Didn't get to see them on the beta) Sydney PD left the same way just better placed ways  + Wall above processing | More inviting to people to talk to officers

CreedJr    385
    7 hours ago, Zac said:

Make sure all scripts are running and working to start off with,

Make sure the cops have skins so you can tell if they are a cop from a distance, 

Keep the map how it is.

Textures currently being worked on.

The map will more likely then not be moved around, the current bank location makes a "call of duty" style of play unrealistic to Arma 3 Roleplay.

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Shrood said:

Is there only the new altis or are u having the same altis as well?

Both will be running simultaneously on the same dedi.

Mitch    661

FROM A COPS POINT OF VIEW: 

(Its my point of view and I don't speak for all cops)

1. WALLS FOR SYD PD: A wall at the top of processing and a fix of the wall next to the PD harbour (so no civs can run around the "glitched" wall). 
    2. SAD: Greater SAD capabilities. Possibility could be enhanced by forcing the storage of items in houses not in cars etc thus giving more "high value" targets to raid.  
    3. SKINS: New skins for all cars. i.e a supervisor and highway hatchback skins. Keep the the red and red/ white SUV skin and create some more.
    4. POLICE DOGS: Would be nice to see them come back.
    5. POLICE LOCKERS: (Linking in to the SAD changes if vehicle storage is/was removed) Create a locker system, all weapons etc would be stored in "lockers". Using cars for weapon storage is not practical when a quick response to the bank etc. The locker would be access by a new NPC to the store and each locker would cost 10K to 25K.

All of the points above I see as coming in later down the road. (In the middle of development)

SIDE POINTS:

1. CITY LIMITS: Move City Limits BACK past Peaches field (SYD) - Create city limits signs making it clear for everyone.
    • Like 4

MadHackz    68
    12 hours ago, Yuri said:

New Crafting System and removal of buying high powered weapons

What would you classify as a high powered weapon? 9.3 and above or like everything above 6.5?

Yuri    441
    20 minutes ago, MadHackz said:

What would you classify as a high powered weapon? 9.3 and above or like everything above 6.5?

Everything 6.5+ has to be crafted. This opens more opportunities for RP and less opportunities for trolls

MadHackz    68
    6 minutes ago, Yuri said:

Everything 6.5+ has to be crafted. This opens more opportunities for RP and less opportunities for trolls

Won't people just find it to boring and time consuming to have to craft any decent weapons to do any rebel activity? Plus most trolls don't even have enough money to buy decent guns, they are normal just going around with TRG's, but then again trolls normally just cause trouble by other means such as pulling people out of cars, blocking spawns, etc.

Joshua Walker    149
    16 minutes ago, Yuri said:

7.62mm+ should require crafting, 6.5+ is to hard on rebels.

Yuri    441
    6 minutes ago, MadHackz said:

Won't people just find it to boring and time consuming to have to craft any decent weapons to do any rebel activity?

You are thinking about this in the wrong mindset, This opens opportunities for people to become gun manufactures and salesmen (I.E Altis Firearms and Workwear [My new civ contractor business]) 

1 minute ago, Joshua Walker said:

7.62mm+ should require crafting, 6.5+ is to hard on rebels.

If what i remember is true you can buy one 6.5 gun (the Katiba) all others and above are crafted. You have to remember that the Roleplay narrative for rebels is to take over the government. You start with almost nothing and have to work hard to get the tools to take back your county from the corrupt government and cartels

• Like 1

Gotenks    497
    13 hours ago, Leopard said:

Map. Props. Structure. 

@LuckyB33f

1. Revert back to old Altis Map. Make slight changes, nothing major. 

1.1. Keep current PD, Current Rebel 1 & 2. Keep current market. 

1.2. The only thing people don't like with current Altis is the bugs and lag. The rebuild only needs to fix them. 

1.3. Keep the addition of props inside buildings like Sydney Bank etc. Remove all others that aren't in current Altis. 

2. Overall placement of things; i.e. Sydney Bank, jail. Exactly where it will need to change will be more obvious moving forward. 

3. (When possible). Add an objects menu like wasteland, seperate from view distance. This allows players to turn it up so that the terrain at distance isn't floating. See this as a key addition that would help a lot. 

Hide contents

The map aesthetics have been over done. The current PD, the current market, current reb1 and 2. All perfect, a few added props that sit nicely in the background and have no effect on FPS. The ones in new look nice, fit in. But aren't needed. They kill fps and can look cluttered. I personally think remove mose of them. Keep current major locations and use them. They are good. 

The props inside the office buildings and banks are nice, don't kill fps as they are small and can be left there. Those are needed for the RP. They are expected to be there. Leave them.

The placement is key, possibly sydney bank could move back a bit closer. Not in Sydney, but not so far away. 

Structure; Where things is, how it all works in relation to everything else will need refinement but those will become more obvious with time. 

Overall:

Keep the current Altis' maps, major locations. Nothing needed to change, all was good when it comes to looks. 

Work on the code, the code seemed quite smooth which is good (bugs to be expected). Just really need to nail the map.

The things leopard and @Yuri have mentioned.
    Also 
    1: Hospitals in other areas, make them useable, even just copying the one from sydney and placing it somewhere else will be completely fine with us EMS.
    2: Remove clutter from PD(fish traps etc)
    3: More fields and things for rebels/civs to do outside of bank/fed
    4: Possibly new vehicles or skins for EMS,PD and Civs/rebels-Allow EMS/PD access to donator skins if possible? and still have the logo on the vehicles etc.

• Like 1