Kumo

Removing Bushes at Airport

Kumo    225

Removing the bushes at airport would reduce airplanes crashing on take off and reduce problems as a whole.

This was suggested by a player on wasteland to me, I'm just posting on behalf of the player.

Edited by GonSupreme
  • Like 1

• Zorgain    482

Thats the whole fun of buying a plane then crashing as soon as you try take off or if not 60% of the time you get AA'd

Unit_3397    712

Being a player that favours jet supremacy alot, this would only make my life easier; and that is precisely why i think its a good idea to keep the bushes in play. 

Thanks to the removal of briefcases, and the delay in the re-spawn timer for vehicles to re-spawn, its pretty easy to take off / taxi & land as it is. (Especially if you have your team supporting you via the gunstore.)

Opfor seems to hold the airfield the majority of the time, and as they favour air supremacy, i'd think Blufor and Indie properly dont want us to make their life even easier.

For new people wanting to start flying jets, i would suggest make good use of the Eden editor.
    Taxi around the airport, learn which bushes you can run over/ ram at what speed and survive, the appropriate speeds to take off and land (dont trust auto-land lads, if theres a random  spawned car on the airstrip, your not gonna be happy)

I'll have a talk to other wasteland staff on this and ill post the decision that we come too as a group, but my honest opinion, the bushes will remain. :p 

• Like 2

Unit_3397    712
    11 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

i dont think you can remove the bushes

"game logic", already using the function to remove a tree at camp maxwell ;) 

Edited by Unit_3397

Connor.    1352
    11 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

i dont think you can remove the bushes

Im pretty sure you can, if not you can atleast destroy them so theyre flat.

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712

Insert a game logic into area (airfield in this instance) and put this in its init:

{ _x hideObjectGlobal true } foreach (nearestTerrainObjects [this,[],50])

Clears all static objects within 50m. 
    (this also includes buildings that have not been added in via us developers...

CeeFar    585
    54 minutes ago, Unit_3397 said:

Insert a game logic into area (airfield in this instance) and put this in its init:

@Connor.

Connor.    1352
    1 hour ago, Unit_3397 said:

Yea, I dont use game logics, have found them to be unreliable. Also in MP it will run the game logic init on everyone, even JIP clients. Obviously it won't to much in that example because hideobjectglobal only works on the server, but depending on what you use the game logic for it could cause unneeded stress.

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712

Getting back to the question at hand, our wasteland team have decided against the motion to remove the bushes from the airbase at this stage. 

• Like 1

as someone who almost strictly Pilots Fixed Wing and Armed aircraft on wasteland i can tell you that the bushes are not a problem whatsoever, if you find yourself crashing on landing or takeoff perhaps a trip to the editor? what is a problem though is 1 runway xD if it was Altis i would land on a road in the middle of whoop whoop

• Like 2

Links    336

Go for a drive and knock them all down before you buy a jet , if you ain't taking jet off on runway go back to editor 

Unit_3397    712

On 28/01/2017 at 3:12 PM, Unit_3397 said:

Our wasteland team have decided against the motion to remove the bushes from the airbase at this stage. 

// Topic Locked