Humaine

Can we suggest Side Missions?

Humaine    131

This has probably been mentioned before, and I'm not sure how the side missions are generated, but can we suggest some side mission ideas?

I'm sure everyone would have some ideas too:

• Resource Capture missions: Like the Intel side mission with 3 points on a map, but capturing/tagging fuel, ammo, food and medical. (Which could be supplies for activating the special features at the FOB)
  • Hostage Rescue: A mission that uses the abandoned holiday resort in the north.  I just want to use that place and a battle there would be great.

Other Ideas guys?

• Like 3

• Nova    1779
    2 hours ago, Humaine said:

(Which could be supplies for activating the special features at the FOB)

this is a really good idea. we do want to add more side missions but unfortunately its easier said than done. we will definitely take these ideas on

• Like 2

Zombine45    177

I'd love to see a convoy style mission where we have to steal and return to the base a tempest (device).

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    1 minute ago, Zombine45 said:

I'd love to see a convoy style mission where we have to steal and return to the base a tempest (device).

big issue with this is that the ai just dont convoy well they always stray away from each other

• Like 1

Travesty    265
    29 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

big issue with this is that the ai just dont convoy well they always stray away from each other

What about a Side mission where 5 Tempest are driving around the map and you have to find the right one to bring back to base?

"Tempest Repo"

• Like 2

Humaine    131
    17 hours ago, Travesty said:

What about a Side mission where 5 Tempest are driving around the map and you have to find the right one to bring back to base?

Are these driven by AI? They have major problems with bridges?... its a pain.

WestOz    40

POW missions are a huge fav for many of us but pretty much always the same expectation, one POW in a building somewhere near the 3 trucks.

Mixing-up/Varying the missions to include more POW's randomly located in different structures/vehicles etc, maybe some form of harsh penalties for anyone who kills a civ.

Humaine    131
    38 minutes ago, WestOz said:

... maybe some form of harsh penalties for anyone who kills a civ.

• Strip the vest of the player who kills a civ.
    • Strip the backpack of the player who kills a second civ.

Too harsh?

As to the POW SMs, yea my team like to do those too... CQC in the towns is just great. The Intel officer SMs... not so much.

Fitz    1239

Could change it so the trucks have a certain chance of spawning in instead of almost always being there. 

Can also make it so more enemy can spawn when more than a certain amount of civs are killed. Should definitely make it more challenging. 

• Like 2

Brodie0296    78
    1 hour ago, Fitz said:

Could change it so the trucks have a certain chance of spawning in instead of almost always being there. 

Can also make it so more enemy can spawn when more than a certain amount of civs are killed. Should definitely make it more challenging. 

if a certain amount of civs are killed enemy AI dressed as rebels spawn to show insurgency?

• Like 3

WestOz    40
    18 hours ago, Fitz said:

I think you and I did one a few weeks back where surprisingly (for me) there were no trucks at all, first time I'd seen it that way, thought it may have been a program glitch or something. It was definitely more challenging/fun having no idea which side of town to insert, having to search every building until we got lucky. Some extra time would be handy, especially when jets or hero wannabe's without silencers trigger it early. Also, better without the mine giving away the location on the map.

Another idea, like what's been happening OS currently and history (Iraq, Germany etc), or even something like what happened in Sydney with the Lindt cafe. Enemy have taken over the town, residents (civs) are either hiding in their homes or being held captive in a heavily defended compound. We have to insert the town taking out patrols working our way through town searching buildings etc eventually releasing all captured civs, freeing the town. This could be quite challenging for only a few players so "perhaps..." it could replace the occasional AO mission so all are involved.

As for civ kills... what would happen to a real life soldier if he/she killed civs? Whilst I'm sure it wouldn't be intentional for "most" players, unfortunately some are immature and don't give a Fk, yes accidents happen but what if anyone who kills 3 civs in the same mission gets immediately kicked from the server for 10 minutes? (time out) might make them slow down a bit, force some strategic thinking.

Nova    1779
    7 hours ago, WestOz said:

if anyone who kills 3 civs in the same mission gets immediately kicked from the server for 10 minutes? (time out)

this is a bit extreme. what if its an accidental kill. like in a tank or something

Zombine45    177

I like the idea of a civ kill increasing the difficulty of the mission.

• Like 2

WestOz    40
    18 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

what if its an accidental kill. like in a tank or something

Should anyone be engaging any location with heavy artillery where civs/friendlies are potentially located?

What would prevent them from doing it again, and again, if there's no consequences for their actions?

Sure enough complaints/Robo's for friendlies they may get a 3 day ban etc, however perhaps nipping it in the butt earlier with 10min think about what your doing before firing might prompt those who seriously want to be apart of the community slow down a bit, force some strategic thinking rather than reckless action.

Also, If it was possible to code/script this penalty it would also lessen the workload for admin dealing with complaints about friendly kills on TS etc, or players dealing with it late at night when no admin are on.