shift597

Teamspeak Requirement for UAV Pilots?

shift597    178

Been hearing a lot of chat about this in the teamspeak over the past 3 months and i really dont see why not. UAV pilots are using the runways and airspace in conjunction with piloted aircraft which is a legitimate reason for them to be in Teamspeak. There have been numerous times where i have seen a crash on the runway between a UAV and a jet which very well could have been avoided if the UAV pilot had been on teamspeak. I feel this would also encourage greater communication between the UAV pilot and other troops especially in conjunction with the jet utilising the UAV's laser designator capabilities. I think this is a worthy topic for discussion and implementation as i dont see any real cons to enforcing this rule. Would love to hear some thoughts on this topic! Cheers, shifty :)

• Like 6

• dasweetdude    327

Don't really see it to be crucial except when ya get a bad UAV pilot but maybe its not a bad idea and a rule we could look into for the future. I have     noticed that a few people have suggested this rule long before l think most people who are hear now were playing here the only real UAV pilot at that time was major heritic and it was pretty much the slot he would use all the time and there were no complaints. But not everyone knows how to fly a UAV and coordinate a take off landing or attack so you get a plus one from me too shift. Its probably a rule that we could put in very soon if its becoming that much of a problem. I know quick was going to put in a system that stops people from being able to repeatedly kill players in any class for e.g guys grabbing a APC if they kill players say 3 times it blows up there vehicle and no longer lets them in it. Its something that l really want to look into but have to see how it runs first. But for now l cant see why we cant implement this soon if more people log into the forums and l am talking about some of our non registered users and support it this we can implement it asap. There are some new things that we will need our annex community to support before we can implement these things which l will write up about soon. If people don't support it there's no point in putting the work in.

• Like 2

Fitz    1239

Over the past month I've heard more and more people mention that this should be put in place, haven't heard anyone disagree with it.

I definitely think it should be implemented.

Kalthramis    58

I agree. Last night we had a problem with a UAV pilot hogging runways and freely using CAS. 

UAV pilots should also be conveying scouting information to everyone, pilots and infantry alike. Markers help, but voice helps even more. Every othe I&A server I've seen does it.

• Like 2

shift597    178

Alright well i think we have gained enough support for the implementation of this rule. Im gunna have a chat to the I&A devs and senior strayagaming staff members and if all goes well ill start implementing and enforcing this rule at the 6:00pm Restart Tonight

• Like 2