★Smokey★

WOULD YOU LIKE A RUST SERVER

RUST SERVER  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

★Smokey★    291

Hey everyone,

I would like to ask how everyone would think about a rust server i know this has been done a couple of times and we would love to do it right 

here is a couple of thing that would be in the rust server 

-x5 Gather
-Active Owners and members of staff
-Awesome Airdrops
-Auto Doors
-Clans
-Donator Privileges
-Off peak Restart
-PVP
-Weekly wipes

This would be manger by admins with a new admin program a antihacker program and a all new donator program 

We would like to know how people would feel in the commity about this and how you would like to see it made if you would like this made at all

Please vote on the strewpoll that is here 

• Travesty    265

I enjoyed playing Rust on SG, but when the Rusted Outback server was launched there wasn't much activity.

I'd enjoy playing it again, the issue is when there is very low (>10) playercount usually.

Brodie    776
    2 hours ago, Travesty said:

I enjoyed playing Rust on SG, but when the Rusted Outback server was launched there wasn't much activity.

I'd enjoy playing it again, the issue is when there is very low (>10) playercount usually.

You enjoyed it when that one sick **** ran it right?

Nova    1779
    8 minutes ago, ★Smokey★ said:

@InfamousNova you should really stick to 

• I&A Admin

At the end of the day that all your good at. Would be great if you dont pick on people for there spell as you dont know there background. 

f7034ead7e856ba3f12fe521d79a18bb334e519e64860056c761ec44407df572.jpg

takes like a min to check your spelling tbh.

4 hours ago, ★Smokey★ said:

This would be manger

manager*

like its not hard ay

plus this post is pretty stupid considering we have tried rust like 4 times and each time it has died. and as fitz has pointed out there are already plenty of aus rust servers

• Like 3

★Smokey★    291

AT the end of the day brodie made the first one that why it went bad.

The 2 second one was never managerd

The 3rd one was added by outback 

We are looking in to expanding in to more places more thing at the end of the day its not going to cost strayagaming anything

We have more players that would leave one that was made for another community 

We are named StrayaGaming, with a name like that we are the won to take control of the gaming in straya we can look at more point more thing but start small to work big

eg: we have a csgo server more server coming out on arma 3 

Nova    1779
    3 minutes ago, ★Smokey★ said:

The 2 second one was never managerd

The 3rd one was added by outback 

We are looking in to expanding in to more places more thing at the end of the day its not going to cost strayagaming anything

We have more players that would leave one that was made for another community 

We are named StrayaGaming, with a name like that we are the won to take control of the gaming in straya we can look at more point more thing but start small to work big

eg: we have a csgo server more server coming out on arma 3 

yes we do need to expand but rust is not the way to go. there are already well established oce servers for rust. not to mention the amount of times we have tried it. everyone jumps on for a week. gets bored and leaves with like 10 players left.

• Like 1

★Smokey★    291

When i got banned i started a rust server we had a player based online of 60 players at give time we maxed out near the end at 110 players 

i would like to give it a build and a run see how it goes have a run a build and see 3 time lucky maybe for 
    Strayagaming 

Nova    1779
    2 minutes ago, ★Smokey★ said:

When i got banned i started a rust server we had a player based online of 60 players at give time we maxed out near the end at 110 players 

and is this server still up?

Nova    1779
    15 minutes ago, ★Smokey★ said:

Its was shut down as i wanted to come back to sg and not run a community fight for players 

Wouldn't you come back with the server and players and ask to put the sg name on it. thereby increasing the playerbase of your server and allowing us to have a rust server?

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

Fitz    1239
    28 minutes ago, ★Smokey★ said:

We're not going to be taking control of Rust anytime soon.

Honestly, can't even understand most of your posts in this thread.

• Like 2

insanD    431
    25 minutes ago, Angus said:

I think we need to prioritize the minecraft server more!

eb3.jpg

OT: Probably not, the harsh realisation is it's pretty hard to start up new servers on established games, as shown by our past Exile server without proper backing for it. 

• Like 3

Zesty    128
    47 minutes ago, Angus said:

Let's prioritize fixing Altis life :(

• Like 2

Brodie    776
    1 hour ago, ★Smokey★ said:

Firstly, the only successful rust server straya has ever hosted was made by me so your attempt at talking shit is invalid and almost as irrelevant as most of the trash videos and useless posts like this one that you make on a daily basis.... 

Secondly, you say it's free but it's very high intensity on the dedi which means if it's not made as a separate server by itself then the other servers are gonna have a cry because they'll start lagging

Thirdly, you state you were some big dog on this community that had 60-110 players online but gave it up to come back to  SG just to ask for a new rust server that's a fresh start? If you really just wanted a rust server regardless of the watermark/host-name you would've stuck to your server that was apparently quite successful or as Nova stated you would've asked to merge with strayagaming keeping the successful player base of the server as well as helping out SG at the same time, so the way you've done it here is you've either ditched that server in an attempt to use rust to make your way back into the staff team so you can probably end up having a sook and wrecking the youtube again or your apparent successful server was never existent and that's just your way of attempting to get some sort of praise and to make yourself look good in hope that the SG Leads will let you create there 4th and once again unsuccessful rust server :)...

To conclude this statement, stop with the dropkick posts and pollution of the forums and stick to making your trash videos xx... Don't attempt to roast me when i haven't even started on you yet ;) much love.

Yours sincerely, Brodie!

• Like 6
    • <3 2
    • Haha 1

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Angus said:

I tried :(

• Triggered 1
    • Facepalm 1

Jay    661
    On 8/6/2017 at 9:18 PM, Brodie said:

Firstly, the only successful rust server straya has ever hosted was made by me so your attempt at talking shit is invalid and almost as irrelevant as most of the trash videos and useless posts like this one that you make on a daily basis.... 

Secondly, you say it's free but it's very high intensity on the dedi which means if it's not made as a separate server by itself then the other servers are gonna have a cry because they'll start lagging

Thirdly, you state you were some big dog on this community that had 60-110 players online but gave it up to come back to  SG just to ask for a new rust server that's a fresh start? If you really just wanted a rust server regardless of the watermark/host-name you would've stuck to your server that was apparently quite successful or as Nova stated you would've asked to merge with strayagaming keeping the successful player base of the server as well as helping out SG at the same time, so the way you've done it here is you've either ditched that server in an attempt to use rust to make your way back into the staff team so you can probably end up having a sook and wrecking the youtube again or your apparent successful server was never existent and that's just your way of attempting to get some sort of praise and to make yourself look good in hope that the SG Leads will let you create there 4th and once again unsuccessful rust server :)...

To conclude this statement, stop with the dropkick posts and pollution of the forums and stick to making your trash videos xx... Don't attempt to roast me when i haven't even started on you yet ;) much love.

Yours sincerely, Brodie!

31a522eeb0813902efd7c4a677ca057eabd7e1ef

• Like 1

Travesty    265

I cannot be bothered quoting all the different comments here, so here's my TL;DR response to the above:

1. Nova, I agree Smokey's posts are a bit difficult to read, but try approaching that topic with a little more tact and you'll find people more receptive.
    2. Smokey, try taking on board that people will read and respect your opinions more if they're well-written. It's human nature.
    3. Brodie, I wasn't on the SG Rust server for long before it died but I do recall your work on it. I recall the issue with Rust was the constant updates to keep the server current, and I believe an absence of staff caused that to drop behind and most of the player-base departed shortly after.
    4. I was one of the first on the Rusted Outback server, but it also had near zero players and the Admin/Mod allowed a friend to use his account and he trolled us. Killed the fun for me.
    5. Smokey, your comment about 'taking over gaming' in Australia in relation to our name is just not realistic. We want StrayaGaming to be successful, not take everything over.
    6. Fitz/Nova, I'm likely to agree with you that the market for Rust servers is saturated with established servers and the game itself is too long in the tooth to start one up ourselves.
    7. I also agree we should be looking to new(er) games where possible otherwise we're trying to cut into establish player-bases and that risks conflict with other communities which we may not need.

Tagging the above here because I'm laze: @InfamousNova, @Fitz, @Brodie and Smokey (**** trying to find the character code for that star to link this properly).

TL;DR - Rust might not be the best server to start up at this stage after all, and more than one of the posts above breaks Wheaton's Law. Try to play nice boys :lul:.

• Wesmart 2
    • lul 2

Yuri    441

If you really are as keen as you say for running/setting up this server then shoot an email to these guys [email protected] and have a chat to work out pricing etc. on your new server.

I personally think that this is a bad Idea as we have done rust multiple times with no real success (and the only time the server was fun was with @Brodie running it).

At the moment I personally think we should make the stuff we have work well then move into expanding via esport groups and new games that are actually out and not just sitting on early access.

• Like 1