Kalthramis

2: Restrict uniforms, remove groups

Kalthramis    58

I'm cramming two suggestions into one thread. 

First up: Restricting faction gear. Idiots like to run around in OPFOR geat to get dat sweet <10% armor bonus, then get shot by teammates. Heeheeheehee. Except when the point system is more fleshed out, and you lose points for that teamkill.

i don't recall if there are any AAF enemies, but if there are, same rule applies. 

Next up is groups. 

In my opinion, all players should start out in no group, with periodic reminders to join one. When people start slotting, we often end up with 5+ groups of 1-3 people who just picked a slot in Alpha #-# and no coordination. 

Actively having to select a group goes a long way in the player psyche. You chose this group - you're more likely to engage with it, and follow the leader. 

Exclusions to this are mortar team, UAV, and pilots; each of which could also use a dedicated squad name. Ex, Pilots = Golf.

• Like 1

• Qeus    198

I suppose we could use this thread to discuss restrictions to the gear. 

Which uniforms should be disabled?

CSAT, AAF, VR suits, ... ?

On the To Do list (with many other things) is a modified arsenal menu which displays all the ammunition types, something which vanilla arsenal doesn't do. I suppose also there is facility to remove certain uniforms and stuff. 

There is a vanilla way to configure the arsenal, however doing so breaks the save/load buttons for loadouts. So doing a back door experiment. No ETA on outcome or release though. Just too many things going at the moment.

Edited by Qeus

Zombine45    177

Definitely remove CSAT and VR(These can hold a stupidly large amount of items as opposed to normal uniforms, and since the server has no fatigue it doesn't affect them)

I think we should remove AAF aswell, keeping in mind that one time we were attacked by a horde of AAF in a counterattack. I'm looking at you @Qeus

• Like 1

Nova    1779

aaf makes your uniform a nice green colour which is what i likie. but the enemies also use AAF uniforms

Kalthramis    58
    8 hours ago, Qeus said:

I suppose we could use this thread to discuss restrictions to the gear. 

Which uniforms should be disabled?

CSAT, AAF, VR suits, ... ?

On the To Do list (with many other things) is a modified arsenal menu which displays all the ammunition types, something which vanilla arsenal doesn't do. I suppose also there is facility to remove certain uniforms and stuff. 

There is a vanilla way to configure the arsenal, however doing so breaks the save/load buttons for loadouts. So doing a back door experiment. No ETA on outcome or release though. Just too many things going at the moment.

I believe the arsenal loads are only broken if there is a item restricted in the arsenal. Ex, if I have red chemlights in my saves, but there are no red chemlights in the arsenal, it won't let me load that kit.

4 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

Definitely remove CSAT and VR(These can hold a stupidly large amount of items as opposed to normal uniforms, and since the server has no fatigue it doesn't affect them)

I think we should remove AAF aswell, keeping in mind that one time we were attacked by a horde of AAF in a counterattack. I'm looking at you @Qeus

VR suit definitely. Looks silly and the weight sucks, especially for helos. It's possible to ground a hummingbird on advanced physics by everyone hopping in with full Vr suits.

3 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

aaf makes your uniform a nice green colour which is what i likie. but the enemies also use AAF uniforms

I don't think there's actually any enemy AAF in I&A. There use to be, but I don't think so anymore.

Zombine45    177
    4 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

I suppose since we don't really see AAF all that much it should be fine, i too like the nice green officer hats ^^

Eazy    16

For starters i think it'd be best to do away with access to katibas, csat uniforms and helmets. rkn these b the worst and no1 shud be using them.

AAF dont encounter too frequently nori seen many players head to toe in their gear thankfully but wouldnt mind if restricted too perhaps keeping vests/weapons (mk200) maybe some uniforms n caps too? anyway those katibas are annoying

Kalthramis    58

The katibas, I assume are the face wraps. Those arent really a problem. Its fine to play barbie dressup. 

I did have a problem last night as a pilot where I thought I landed next to a friendly, but it was hostile FIA, but thise side missions are extremely rare, and I know now they exist.

Zombine45    177
    2 hours ago, Kalthramis said:

The katibas, I assume are the face wraps. Those arent really a problem. Its fine to play barbie dressup.

Just letting you know that the katiba is the CSAT assault rifle

Katiba.image.png

• Like 1

Kalthramis    58

Oh, durr. I don't know the non-nato guns. Ironic, considering how much I've used them. 

I don't think using the Katiba is a big deal. It can potentialy spook people who know the sounds, but what with the Recruit baby game settings, its easy to identify players. Just don't use green tracers. 

• Like 1

Eazy    16

i dont agree, Katibas is the most used enemy weapon. it also has a fine nato equivalent, the MX's almost identical, slightly bulkier and less accurate marginally idk

seems logical to restrict it when its opfors primary. they have the most distinct sound imo,and alerts me to enemy pos quicker than sighting em, some players ive seen cud do well to associate the two. specially tho times when 1 nme can blindside a squad and take out multiple b4 sum1 wisens up and takes him out.

Feel it'd help improve general gameplay, disrupting an advance having to stop everytime i hear a katiba round, to find and mark friendlies in relation to pos. then waiting to listen out for more to confirm whether i should bother about it. Be way smoother and more logical to standardise the weapons, and uniforms so to provide a quick ID like a military force might do.

there are alot of options to ID targets like scrolling over mousewheel/T, using map n markers, uniforms, target behavior, tho it doesnt explain the amount of people who are accidently TK'd everyday. 'sorry guy i was using thermals' is a lame excuse imo for cunts who dont know uniforms serve a purpose.

not sure to include this as a 'gear restriction' or sumwhere else but disabling the ability to fire whilst in thermal mode, would be sick if possible, and could save many trips back ot base irkn

• Like 1