Kalthramis

Squad.xml - How To [Easy]

Kalthramis    58

Ever wanted to show a fancy squad patch on your vehicle or gear at all times? Want to represent a group without changing your profile name constantly? This is what the Squad.xml is for.

Where once this was complicated, it has been made simple by the awesome Arma community with hosters like https://armasquads.com/

This will take you 5 minutes. Don't get scared, this is dumbshit easy.

1. Visit https://armasquads.com/ and register an account
  2. Go to menu -> squads
  3. Create a squad. The TAG is what shows up at the end of your name. Ex, "Kalthramis[AI]"
  4. Upload an image. It must be any multiple of 16, ex 16x16 or 32x32. For the best quality, just use the largest size; 256x256.
  5. Return to the squad page, and click "members" -> "add new members"
  6. Go into Arma's main menu, config, profile. Copy your playerID.
  7. Paste this ID into the correct line for "add new members." Fill out the rest of the information as you see fit.
  8. When you are finished, return to the squad page, copy the large URL for the squad. 
  9. Return to Arma's profile in-game. Paste the large url into the appropriate line.

Ta da! Any online server will now utilize your squad TAG and image. Be aware that everyone can see this, so if you use something appropriate, it could get you banned from the server - or worse, BattleEye banned if you are reported to Bohemia.

Have fun!

Edited by Kalthramis
  • Like 4

• Nova    1779
    6 minutes ago, Rambo said:

So does this process work for players in police slots?

you could make a squad.xml for everyone one in the cop force so you can add their callsign/badge number but that would take forever

• Like 1

Rambo    143

By this you mean every individual player would have to have their own xml set up with there own logo and call Sign?

Nova    1779
    18 minutes ago, Rambo said:

By this you mean every individual player would have to have their own xml set up with there own logo and call Sign?

yeah i thought that that was what you meant. alternatively you could have cop as the tag and if you click on their name ingame you could get their rank an stuff

Kalthramis    58
    10 hours ago, Rambo said:

Nope. One person can made the squad.xml, then add all the other members to it. They will need their playerID, and preferably whatever other info can be filled out.

Each player then copies the long-ass squad url and pastes it into their Arma 3 profile. Voila!

Tempo    69

Am I the only one this doesn't work for?? It will work sometimes, then again sometimes not. :(

Yuri    441
    2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Am I the only one this doesn't work for?? It will work sometimes, then again sometimes not. :(

it can be wierd in that sometimes the arma squad can add a half space at the end of your name so try pressing backspace on the name in the arma squad members section and see if that fixes the problem.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NAME HAS TO BE YOUR EXACT IN-GAME NAME (e.g [PNX-AT01] Father Yuri)

See the below photos on how you can set up some awesome squads

Photo #1 an Example of how you can set up a different squad for each division (each leader takes care of their own squad) to do this we created a generic email for the group (gmail) and then registered with that so we all have access

http://imgur.com/1h7SUHh

Photo #2 an Example of my squad set up so that you can see how to lay everything out

http://imgur.com/ZmnjObq

• Like 1

Rat66    72

Hi

After making the squad xml I found out I do not have a spot to put it ?

I do not have a squad URL line in my profile any ideas ?

Squad XML

Ora209    142
    19 minutes ago, Rat66 said:

Hi

After making the squad xml I found out I do not have a spot to put it ?

I do not have a squad URL line in my profile any ideas ?

Squad XML

what method did you use... privately hosted or through arma?

because ive done mine through the Arma website and essentially you fill out the appropriate boxes and import your picture and then next time you log into arma you have it... tho one other thing you need to actually select the squad in the profiles menu, its under units.... ive taken a photo to somewhat show were to go but if you still need help message me and ill give you a hand.

20160916002356_1.jpg

Rat66    72

Do I need to register for a unit with arma.com ?

I  used arma I think I followed the video before on youtube I found this thread

Edited by Rat66
    remove link

Yuri    441

Hello @Rat66,

If you use the method stated in the first post (https://armasquads.com/) then I can help you out with any issues that you have there.

When I get home I am going to make a post (and I'll link it here) with a more detailed approach and some common troubleshooting methods but until then I can walk you though some things.

In the new Arma the location of the profile managment has changed follow these steps to get the space to add a XML link (from privately hosted website i.e armasquads.com)

1. have your link copied to your clipboard (highlight link and press CTRL+C).

2. Go to the main menu of Arma.

3. In the top right hand corner you will see a figure of a person, Hover over that person and then click on your name.

4. Select which one of your profiles you want to attach the squad URL to.

5. In the top bar you will see two sections 'Avatar' and 'Unit', Click on Unit.

6. In this page there might not be anything yet so click edit and you will see a section called unit. Click on the little arrow next to that and select 'Custom'.

7. Once you have selected custom you will see two new boxes appear 'Squad XML' and 'Player UID'

8. Your player UID is the your personal identification number which servers use to tell that you are you (no matter how many profiles you have) It is linked to your STEAM ID.

9. Go to the Squad XML section and click on the box next to it and then just paste (CTRL+V) in your Squad XML link that you copied before.

10. Press apply and you are good to rock an awesome logo in the battlefield (assuming you set up your XML properly)

GAME ON

If you have any more questions feel free to ask as I see myself as a bit of a subject matter expert on most things to do with XML

Best Regards,

Yuri

Edited by Yuri
    • Like 1

Rat66    72

Thanks for all the help.

Its all working great just followed both your guides.

Thanks again.

LOGO.jpg

Edited by Rat66
    Update
    • Like 1

Jüstice™.    46

having some issues with the squad image its not showing on the side of vehicles player menu show everything bar image also...i used PNG image first that didnt work so i tried Jpeg that doesnt work either...any ideas i also tried the Straya Image that doesnt work either

Nova    1779
    13 minutes ago, Jüstice™. said:

having some issues with the squad image its not showing on the side of vehicles player menu show everything bar image also...i used PNG image first that didnt work so i tried Jpeg that doesnt work either...any ideas i also tried the Straya Image that doesnt work either

just make a unit on the arma units page its like 20 times easier

Yuri    441
    37 minutes ago, Jüstice™. said:

G'day mate,

Interesting issue.

Are you sure you put the xml link in your profile from the arma 3 main menu?

Are you sure that UID's/Names are correct in the xml? They have to be exact (sometimes a little space appears which will make the name incompatible)

Also is the picture the right size?

Send me your XML link and I can have a look for anything that might be the issue with it (might take me a day or two seeing as I am not staff here anymore but we will see)

Jüstice™.    46
    On 6/13/2017 at 0:39 PM, Yuri said:

G'day mate,

Interesting issue.

Are you sure you put the xml link in your profile from the arma 3 main menu?

Are you sure that UID's/Names are correct in the xml? They have to be exact (sometimes a little space appears which will make the name incompatible)

Also is the picture the right size?

Send me your XML link and I can have a look for anything that might be the issue with it (might take me a day or two seeing as I am not staff here anymore but we will see)

Ok so this is my XML and image ive tried using straya gaming image but same result no image ingame .Player ID is correct also so ive got no clue.

http://armasquads.com/user/squads/xml/bA7CEWKFjaeQUd1wxKfEmOGnLwW04lWS/squad.xml