Bribie Decerto

Increase to 10k start

I like all my mates who play quite often would like to see a local 10k start wasteland server in Australia. It makes it so much enjoyable for those who arent veterans like ourselves to get started and to get high end equipment. The US server "trailer park" is the perfect example of what we'd like to see here locally. Thank you for your consideration.

• Ya Mum    187

For me it's a personal choice. 1500 can get you a decent weapon and scope to start of with.

My preferred load out costs a lot more but it's the challenge of getting to the atm and gun store.

There is more to the game that just shooting people with a sick load out. The challenge of the game is getting money, getting a decent load out, killing people and trying to keep that load out.

Increasing the cash at the start for the ability for everyone to get a load out from the start takes all those challenges away because if you die, who cares you get 10k again

my thoughts only.

• Like 1

Unit_3397    712

Hi Bribie Decerto

Im in agreement with Ya Mum inregards to your suggestion. Also depending on whereabouts you spawn, theres plenty of vehicles with weapons for you to utilize. I for one love the rush when i kill a fully kitted person with a pistol, then grab all his gear.

Regards.

Unit_3397

Leopard    7

I agree to disagree with the points mentioned (I only said that cause I have always wanted to! Probs used completely wrong!)

I think 10k is too much but yes 1,500$ is too low.

I think maybe 3,000 - 4,000$ MAX.

I think this because of this exactly;

Why wait for a revive if in a captured area. when I would benefit with a nice sum of 10,000$ on top of my possible current gear and money. 10K isn't a lot but then again it can be over an hour, example 700 deaths rougly a restart? that is 700K Into the economy on top of this money shipments etc.

I think 3,000 is a good amount to spawn with, you can certainly get a good gun, some accessories and some ammo for this. put it to good use and you could pick your self up some nice gear and some more money to get to a bank.

Just my opinion.

With Love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on Wasteland //

Thanks for all your comments/feedback. Im sorry for the misdirection but my suggestion I guess was not aimed at changing the current Wasteland server, but more of an inquiry as to getting another server with an easier ruleset established. New players and crap ones like myself would enjoy the freedom of buying big and jumping in vehcles from the get go without the risk of losing it all in an instant from someone who has 3000 more hours than me. I know thats why allot of veteran players play (because they are so much better than others) but it doesnt encourage the new players to stick around and the community to grow. 2nd question: Does anyone know exactly how much one of these servers actually costs to run/hire, or is it more the managing of the server that is more involved than throwing cash at it. Thanks.

Loopy AU-NZ    79

I understand the fact it might seem hard to get money but it's really not. 1,500 gets a decent weapon and you can always find a good armored vehicle around. From there it's easy to do some of the missions and get some money. You can make about 25k fast with a small money shipment which isn't to hard to complete. Basically saying I disagree with 10k. Because with 10k you can easily get an armored vehicle with a gun on it. Which is a bit overpowered when you just spawn in.

-Robert

Zorgain    482
    16 hours ago, Ya Mum said:

For me it's a personal choice. 1500 can get you a decent weapon and scope to start of with.

My preferred load out costs a lot more but it's the challenge of getting to the atm and gun store.

There is more to the game that just shooting people with a sick load out. The challenge of the game is getting money, getting a decent load out, killing people and trying to keep that load out.

Increasing the cash at the start for the ability for everyone to get a load out from the start takes all those challenges away because if you die, who cares you get 10k again

my thoughts only.

It might get you ONE loadout but you have to think about the people are new or are not that good at the game to die and then not have enough money for a second loadout.

Leopard    7

@Bribie Decerto

The current 80 slot Wasteland server costs $170 AUD per month, unfortunately StrayaGaming doesn't receive as-high amounts compared to other servers, meaning another server is hard to launch. I feel personally the lack of donation is die to them actually complying with the monetizing ArmA3 codes, meaning they arent allowed to make it pay to win and cant five advantageous in-game rewards for donators unlike other servers who arent complicit with these limtations and can give their donators in-game money etc.. Now StrayaGaming does this for the pure enjoyment and overall fairness of all thier servers. So basically, I dont see StrayaGaming opening anther wasteland server (They previously had #2 wasteland server which was planning on adding some mods, but has been dis-continued)

All-in all. I think, as said previously. 3,000 should be the spawn money, no matter of skill. This gets you a high powered rifle capable of one-hitting a fully feared enemy. FREE gear!

With love!

Mr. Snow Leopard

// See ya on Wasteland //

Links    336
    17 hours ago, Bribie Decerto said:

I like all my mates who play quite often would like to see a local 10k start wasteland server in Australia. It makes it so much enjoyable for those who arent veterans like ourselves to get started and to get high end equipment. The US server "trailer park" is the perfect example of what we'd like to see here locally. Thank you for your consideration.

no

• Like 1

Links    336
    40 minutes ago, bailzorking said:

Mate you savage.

you can walk around AF at peak times and pick up 50k+ a few mins

bailzorking    17
    8 minutes ago, Links said:

you can walk around AF at peak times and pick up 50k+ a few mins

Yeah people really shouldnt bring money to mid gunstore...amount of times we make bank...

Ya Mum    187

Just latch on to people, join groups and learn from other people and please please please don't think and play like it's call of duty or Americas army or anything like that. It's a totally different gameplay

• Like 2

Links    336

If you really need money go diver in the Maria or the edge of the Airfield you can get 20+ crates in there, also joining a team on Teamspeak with some other people helps alot a few people that come on ts are have a capped bank and can give you extra gear/tanks from missions.

• Like 1

Dak Commstar    139

1.5k start is perfectly fine. You can gear up entirely from the general store with that. Vest, uniform, helmet, carry-all. In fact reducing it might even be a bit better too. Get people to rekit more often and upgrade their armor instead of buying the top of the market first thing. 1.25k would make players drop an item to a lower grade to fully kit and make things a bit more interesting.

Spectral    1342

@LAZYSHOT I have hidden your last 2 comments

Try to keep posts within one post, and within Forum Guidelines. 

Its a mixed Community, some of them younger. 

Cheers,

-Spec

Edited by Spectral

CeeFar    585

As said higher up in the thread, 1500 is too low, but 10k is too high. @Leopard's suggestion of 4000-5000 leaves room for a vehicle and a weapon of a good caliber + ammo.

Unit_3397    712
    18 hours ago, TurboFanny said:

$2560 should be starting price just so i can get SDAR and some UW mags and get myself a free 70k!

reduces turbo fanny's starting money to $5 ... ;) 

haha, but in all seriousness, Wasteland Staff Have decided that the starting money shall stay at $1500 for the time being. 

@Mozkelby can you please lock this thread?  

• Like 1