Unit_3397

What is your opinion related to weather in wasteland?

Weather effects on game play?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unit_3397    712

Hi Wasteland Lovers!

Ive been talking to a few members of our wasteland community, and i've had mixed opinions related to weather and its effects on FPS in the game. So i've created this poll to see how everyone feels regarding the matter.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. Please do not vote on this poll if you are not a regular player on our wasteland server.
  2. This Post's data is to satisfy my hunger for knowledge regarding players opinions related to weather in-game.
  3. Should STAFF find this information useful in developing the game, changes and implementation of such ideas may not happen till later in the future.
  4. Respect that some ideas (no matter how awesome they may sound) cannot/ will not be scripted into/ out of the game.

Peace out peeps! 

Enjoy our wasteland Server!

Regards.

Unit_3397.

Edited by Unit_3397
  • Like 2

• Nova    1779

i voted before i read the topic but its the same on I&A for a lot of people rain does affect fps

• Like 3

Zorgain    482

FPS already is bad on Wasteland because people just place walls, Buildings (etc. Everywhere they can for no reason.

• Like 1

Mozkelby    379

Keen to knock out the weather for good, seems to destroy everyone's frames.

As for the day and night cycles, I think we could keep them for difficulty sake. ;)

• Like 1

Zorgain    482

Its not like Wasteland is some massive roleplay server its for killing other people and having fun doing so it doesnt need weather and all sorts.

• Like 1

I personally like the feel that the weather brings to the game

However in saying that, my frames do drop from 60+fps to around 30 and ive heard other players with decent (**Cough Cough** AMD *cough*) cards only get around 10 - 20fps

Would love to see it stay but to prevent people smashing their screens in frustration i think it may need to be toned back

But definitely Keep the night cycles! Keeps the Challenge alive!

• Like 2

Dak Commstar    139

Different weather conditions create different shooting conditions. If there were no fog, I'd imagine the server would become a sniper-rocket-fest (at super long distances). I like the weather the way it is. It keeps things varied and not static.

Additionally the day/night cycle must stay. Non-negotiable. Not that hard to buy a NV scope or fire with iron-sights. That also creates different shooting conditions and in the instance of counter sniping, players can then use lasers to point out enemy locations. Night time tends to be when all the close quarters combat happens.

Ya Mum    187

My thoughts which I have largely kept quiet recently.

Personally, I loved the weather dynamics. Yeah the fog can get a little glitchy at times but overall it adds another element of realism to the game.

I never complain about the lag because i never get it even when the server is full. I play on a Mac and when I restart into windows to play, it equates to a pretty spec'd out PC.
    Lately the lag has been excessive especially around the 2 new additions zues and that other monstrosity in the middle of the map. Additionally, they are both glitchy as fuck

If you do an Rcon search for keywords, apart from the word "fuck", im sure the most common word will be "lag" and I have always said it, we need to keep the community happy. People are getting stressed out because of the lag, getting killed because of lag, raging out at being killed and because they were already stressed out blowing their stack even more.

As much as I love the fog and rain, the larger community needs must be taken into account here.

• Like 1

Mozkelby    379

Hey guys!

Thanks for informing us of your thoughts related to weather and day/night cycles on our Wasteland server, we've gotten an incredible amount of votes and opinions to help our staff make the right decision with the community in mind.

This thread has been locked for now, but the developers / team will be sure to post any important announcements and updates regarding this matter below.

Cheers.

• Like 1