Excel

New Role Idea: Application Reader

Excel    828

I was thinking yesterday about the time it takes for moderators and admins to fill out and look at applications, So I thought of a role called the "Application Reader or Application Reviewer".

The role of this Job/Rank is to read the application, make sure it meets the requirements that the OFFICIAL template has and then they put in pending so all the moderators or admins have to do is, Is DENY or ACCEPT it. I just thought of this as it might make the job of Comp Requests, Applications and forms a bit easier for the Admins and Mods this is just a thought and I am fully open to discussion I hope that people understand my point please let me know what YOU! think of the and also, share it around as much as possible.

Thanks

-ExcelForce

• Leopard    7

@ExcelForce

From a non-staff member, I completely argree and I see it alot, (I read every new thread in every section posted. Including ban appeals and comp requests) now, 

I feel no further role is required then the forum moderators being told to check these threads aswell. And giving them the authority to deny threads on the basis of an incorrect thread. 

I.e. 

// Denied 

This apllication was denied purely due to it no complying with the template found; [LINK]. 

This in way means that your application was denied. Please re-post with the template.

Just my opinion on how it could work. 

Cartel leader, Leopard.

Excel    828

@LeopardI completely agree with what your saying I just thaught of it and I wante put it out there haha. Thanks for you opinion though helps a lot.

Thanks

-ExcelForce

eww, no. WHo wants a job just to read application. Waste of time. What happens if they need comp, they are just gonna accept it for themselves. It will be biased. 

If this is just denied cause of template, not really a point of adding this. That is why there is a forum moderator, so if you want to do that, aply for forum mod:)

Edited by Shrood
    • Like 1

ItzWayz    176

The Issue Is With This Role Is That I Can See This Being One Sided ( Say Someone Had The Rule And Accepted Only People That He Knows ). That's  Why With Moderators And Admin's Have A 2 Step Verification, Witch Means That There Needs To Be 2 Mods Or Admins That Need To Accept Or Deny The Application In The First Place So Things Like One Sided Doesn't Happen Often. 

Leopard    7

@ItzWayz

As he said. They dont deny or accept applications they just check they follow template and requirements.

@Shrood

As I also said! Give the role to forum moderators!

Just now, Leopard said:

@ItzWayz

As he said. They dont deny or accept applications they just check they follow template and requirements.

@Shrood

As I also said! Give the role to forum moderators!

It has always been the forum moderators who check if template is good. But yeh. 

Leopard    7

@Shrood

I have NEVER!

Seen forum moderators denying apps for wrong templates. I have though seen server moderators denying them. Probably because the only forum moderators are Roger - Admin and InfamousNova - I & A moderator. 

53 minutes ago, Leopard said:

@Shrood

I have NEVER!

Seen forum moderators denying apps for wrong templates. I have though seen server moderators denying them. Probably because the only forum moderators are Roger - Admin and InfamousNova - I & A moderator. 

Forum Moderators are to moderate the forums, as per usual, making sure not bad content, or any wrong content is put up. Making sure its a fun and safe place on the forums. 

the corresponding staff deal with the appropriate faction on the forums i.e altis,wasteland.i&a and so forth, whether thats wrong template or such that is up to the staff looking at the forum. 

As myself and infamousnova do, is just to make sure the forums looks beautiful :)

<3 xoxo

• Like 2

Leopard    7

I think use of colour should be compulsory.  (Cant on mobile)

So are you saying that forum moderators are not aloud to ask people to re-apply with correct template? I don't think there is any issue with that. 

And @Roger Purple. Please go through all the apps and move thd accepted to accepted and denied to denied. It gives me a heart ache!.

23 minutes ago, Leopard said:

I think use of colour should be compulsory.  (Cant on mobile)

So are you saying that forum moderators are not aloud to ask people to re-apply with correct template? I don't think there is any issue with that. 

And @Roger Purple. Please go through all the apps and move thd accepted to accepted and denied to denied. It gives me a heart ache!.

never said that, they just have a different job.

With regarding my job, you are more then welcome to apply for forum moderator if it gives you a heart ache! :D

• Like 1

Excel    828

@Shrood @Leopard @Roger Purple

Thanks for your opinions and I see all of your points. I just was sort of playing small guy big voice type trying to voice one of my ideas. I don't take offence from anything you guys have said and I take all your replies as great feedback. Now I don't mean this in a bad way please don't take this wrong as it sounds abit bad but I don't usually see forum moderators doing that like at least putting e.g: PENDING//: FOR AN ADMIN OR MODERATORS. Obviously that might not be there job or focus but I thaught of this and just wanted to know what people thaught thanks though guys.

Nova    1779
    4 hours ago, ExcelForce said:

@Shrood @Leopard @Roger Purple

Thanks for your opinions and I see all of your points. I just was sort of playing small guy big voice type trying to voice one of my ideas. I don't take offence from anything you guys have said and I take all your replies as great feedback. Now I don't mean this in a bad way please don't take this wrong as it sounds abit bad but I don't usually see forum moderators doing that like at least putting e.g: PENDING//: FOR AN ADMIN OR MODERATORS. Obviously that might not be there job or focus but I thaught of this and just wanted to know what people thaught thanks though guys.

its because we don't. as roger stated we just keep it clean. hide the arguments and all the bad stuff. sometimes we move denied to denied and accepted to accepted. but usually a higher up admin does it when they accept or deny a comp requests or what not. i usually dont get involved with comp requests in any way besides hiding comments because altis life/wasteland isnt my thing. thats up to the other moderators to sort out. if its not following the template a moderator from that server will usually tell them.

Excel    828

so much feedback ?

sirgeneralj    378

I agree with Excel

It also makes it seem as though an application is actually being looked at not just ignored.

Although this would probably have to be added to a new role or an increase of forum moderators would be required.

Either way, someone to move topics when required and sort out applications which haven't met requirements quickly could greatly assist the community. 

as far as who would want to be the job, I think you could find lots of people and would be a good job for a few reasons:

- It would recruit people whom actually wanted to help the community, as there is little added power but quite abit of responsibility, making it a good way to see someone is dedicated to Straya

- It would act as a great stepping stone to higher ranks showing your dedication without added power

- People whom wanted to apply just for the power would obviously be filtered out 

- Specific person to do the job meaning it frees up others. It also wouldn't take very long if you took a quick look every day, managing resources efficiently 

Thanks

#TheFire

Might not have worded it the best

Nova    1779

i guess forum moderators could do it, you would need to talk to @Tiggati about it. so you would need to apply for it but as i said usually the admin for that server will do it

Excel    828

Yea Thanks @sirgeneralj

@Tiggati What do you Think? Scroll up  abit for the original post

Edited by ExcelForce