=S.N.A.F.U.=

Whitelist AI & Vehicles

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92

Hey Gang,

I brought this up to Quicksilver the other day & thought I'd drop it in here to see what you thought.

First up I thought it would be good to have a whitelist slot for engineers.

Secondly, I suggested that we have AI & Maybe a Tank  "Kuma!!" for the whitelist guys. At the moment when the server gets full, we have one guy taking all the AI from base for his own personal little squad, leaving none for the rest of the guys. I feel that if all/some of the AI & some of the better vehicles were restricted to whitelist it would encourage some players to donate a bit to access them. We have had this on a few of the servers I have been on in the past & it seemed to work well.

Thanks for reading B|

• Like 6

• Nova    1779

i like the idea of the whitelist engineer slot

but the whitelisted vehicles is againts BI terms of monetization. since it gives you an advantage over other players in a sense.

• Like 1

Tiggati    1067

Whitelisting slots like that could work. Would have to check to see if it doesn't break the monetization though, as some people might like to go engineer all the time but don't have the money to donate.
    It's like if medics on I&A were whitelisted, there would be no medics reviving people until a whitelisted medic logs on.

Nova    1779
    21 minutes ago, Tiggati said:

Whitelisting slots like that could work. Would have to check to see if it doesn't break the monetization though, as some people might like to go engineer all the time but don't have the money to donate.
    It's like if medics on I&A were whitelisted, there would be no medics reviving people until a whitelisted medic logs on.

we've had whitelisted medic, pilot and sniper for a while without an issue. SNAFU meant just 1 slot for whitelisted engineer.

Kalthramis    58

yeah whitelisted engineer would be rad, since theyre always taken by guys in sniper gear. Limiting AI to 2 per group would fix the issue of someone taking all of them.

• Like 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    On 6/29/2016 at 2:01 PM, Tiggati said:

I agree, but it's not about having ALL of the slots whitelisted, just one like the pilot, sniper ect.

• Like 1

WestOz    40

Re Whitelists;

Personally, during peak it's difficult to access the server let alone select a prefered slot (maxed at 60) no doubt frustrating for most Straya I&A diehards/donators.

I believe at least trialing a reduced number of open slots to say 40, increasing whitelisted to 20 various roles, would not only make it somewhat easier for us donators to get in, but also perhaps entice others who currently enjoy it for squat get whitelisted/donate, thus generating extra income for improvements etc.

Perhaps another option, a second I&A server strictly for whitelisted, those of us willing to commit a minimum of say $10 per month (< $2.50 per week). Those prepared would hopefully enjoy a more mature experience with others who genuine diehards, take their role seriously etc.

(edit: "Perhaps" that could be the new Tanoa server, leaving the current as is?)

Edited by WestOz
    • Like 1

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    3 hours ago, WestOz said:

I believe at least trialing a reduced number of open slots to say 40, increasing whitelisted to 20 various roles, would not only make it somewhat easier for us donators to get in, but also perhaps entice others who currently enjoy it for squat get whitelisted/donate, thus generating extra income for improvements etc.

I agree that having a few separate subscriber slots would be a great idea. Having them as multi-rolled instead of set classes could alleviate some hassle too. Though I do think limiting the pilot slots remains a good idea. Otherwise, there will be 25 pilots on :)

Perhaps another option, a second I&A server strictly for whitelisted, those of us willing to commit a minimum of say $10 per month (< $2.50 per week). Those prepared would hopefully enjoy a more mature experience with others who genuine diehards, take their role seriously etc.

(edit: "Perhaps" that could be the new Tanoa server, leaving the current as is?)

While a wonderful idea, the issue would be server population. Though we often have a full I&A server at the moment, I don't believe we would sustain enough subscribers, on the server at the same time, to make the game fun. Not to mention mixing with the pubs can be a part of the fun & we get to show off a bit with the skins ect. we get as subscribers.

On another server I was a part of in the A2 days, we used to have a "subscribers' hangar". We would spawn here, have a few extra toys (Tanks, choppers & armoured jeeps) & our own AI. Not to mention some cool deck chairs out front. I think this worked well as a reward for subbing. Having cooler toys always made the pubbies envious :)

• Like 3

WestOz    40
    8 hours ago, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

"subscribers' hangar"

Yea I and prob many have experienced this (big in the AL community), whitelisted have all equipment available to them, sometimes varies/tiered depending on how much is donated, the others are restricted to low/med equipment (encouraged to donate).

Perhaps until they've been signed off by an instructor no one can fly anything bigger than a hummy, less troops he/she can kill. 

8 hours ago, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

don't believe we would sustain enough subscribers

"Subscribing" (in advance) for a separate #2 server basically means those who choose to are funding/covering its running costs, can choose to join #1 or #2 anytime, likely won't use #2 when its quiet/no one in it etc.

However, during peak times when #1 is near full etc, only those whitelisted can get away from, well chaos is one word, can jump in #2.

When the guys I know & myself (our squad) have our regular/planned meetup a few times each week we would jump on #2, utilising a full service rather than trying our luck hosting our own.

• Like 1

Nova    1779

Doing donator perks is something we can't do because of BI's TOS and that our servers are monetized we can only do things that don't give you an advantage over others.

Stryker    0
    15 hours ago, WestOz said:

Yea I and prob many have experienced this (big in the AL community), whitelisted have all equipment available to them, sometimes varies/tiered depending on how much is donated, the others are restricted to low/med equipment (encouraged to donate).

Piss on that. 

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    On 8/16/2016 at 7:57 AM, InfamousNova said:

Doing donator perks is something we can't do because of BI's TOS and that our servers are monetized we can only do things that don't give you an advantage over others.

I think we are getting a bit ahead of the original Idea. It's not to have "more/better" equipment ect. But rather our own that are locked from the broader public. We could, for example, have 2 tanks, 4 jeeps, a bobcat & maybe a LB or Ghost hawk. Plus a couple of our own AI & a deck chair out the front of the hangar. Maybe even a repair pad & the "Area 51" would be here too.

We could either spawn at the regular spawn or spawn at the hangar for that "Elite Squad" feel. But none of the equipment (Baring the deck chair) would be different from the others. 

Edited by =S.N.A.F.U.=
    • Like 1

WestOz    40

lol, awww, a few restrictions makes it a little bit less fun because they're to tight to pony up a few bucks to help with server operating costs/improvements etc... while some who do donate are perhaps wondering why they bother, if they will again, when they continually witness the same players on the server enjoying all the same privileges without donating. 

Reminds me of those guys who prefer a free ride in life, you know the ones who stay up all night playing games, sleep in till lunch time, get back to gaming etc, Yet complain they have no money because they can't get a job, that unemployment benefits isn't enough etc, their lives funded by taxpayers (donators).

Zombine45    177

I don't think you guys are understanding what they mean when they say they really can't do what you're asking. Basically if you're getting equipment that others don't, even if it's just more of it, then that's getting an advantage, which the Terms of Service forbid.

Stryker    0
    16 hours ago, WestOz said:

lol, awww, a few restrictions makes it a little bit less fun because they're to tight to pony up a few bucks to help with server operating costs/improvements etc... while some who do donate are perhaps wondering why they bother, if they will again, when they continually witness the same players on the server enjoying all the same privileges without donating. 

Reminds me of those guys who prefer a free ride in life, you know the ones who stay up all night playing games, sleep in till lunch time, get back to gaming etc, Yet complain they have no money because they can't get a job, that unemployment benefits isn't enough etc, their lives funded by taxpayers (donators).

The server goals are always met and I can see the Invade & Annex is $45 over its goal. No need for your restrictions. 

'some who do donate are perhaps wondering why they bother, if they will again, when they continually witness the same players on the server enjoying all the same privileges without donating. '

You should donate out of the goodness of your heart my friend. Feel good knowing that without people like you, the server wouldn't exist. Think glass half full 

Edited by Stryker

WestOz    40
    20 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I don't think you guys are understanding

I understand, however believe there's ways around it. 

Personally, equipment/load-out restrictions isn't the reason I posted in this thread, I was simply replying to @=S.N.A.F.U.= re "subscribers hanger", just a "conversation" regarding what we've experienced elsewhere, without conversation admin get no user feedback, left to wonder what we want etc.

My reason for posting is in my first post, "Re Whitelists", which is in the title of the thread, hindsight perhaps I should have saved cross-confusion and started my own.

• Like 1

WestOz    40
    7 hours ago, Stryker said:

The server goals are always met and I can see the Invade & Annex is $45 over its goal.

That's freeloader justification, like not chipping in for fuel & bait when a someone takes you out in their boat. Only a small mind would only consider current operational costs rather than the bigger picture, that perhaps any residual funds would be utilised for ancillary servicing costs, or set aside for future upgrades (improved server performance etc).

Personally I wouldn't care if they put it in their pocket, whilst they choose to do it for enjoyment, they provide a great service which not only costs $'s but also A LOT of man hours that most of us don't have the time or technical mind for (coding, bug resolving, blocking hackers etc), they bring many of us together to enjoy a near/full server everyday rather than other servers that only have a handful.

$2.50 per week to enjoy it from the comfort of my home is a hell of a lot less than I spend on other enjoyments, certainly a lot less than I've put in arcade machines over the years, where the proprietor/s make a profit/living.

7 hours ago, Stryker said:

You should donate out of the goodness of your heart my friend. Feel good knowing that without people like you, the server wouldn't exist.

Surprisingly sound advice and empathy? Like a Catholic preacher.

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    23 hours ago, Zombine45 said:

I don't think you guys are understanding what they mean when they say they really can't do what you're asking. Basically if you're getting equipment that others don't, even if it's just more of it, then that's getting an advantage, which the Terms of Service forbid.

Actually, they already ARE doing it. The Donators get skins, a slot ect. Having a donator zone is not against the TOS. So long as you don't gimp the non-donators to force them to pay.