Gotenks

Internet providers

Gotenks    497

Curious what ISPs people use?
Currently on internode and its absolute shit. 250gb $90+ and only 3mb/s down and 0.5mb/s upload speeds :\
I live near Port Adelaide if that helps. 

Edited by Gotenks

• Fitz    1239

TPG, great customer service but I live in a shit area for internet so slow as balls. Definitely recommend if you don't really use the home phone.

Mozkelby    379

2 Degrees Broadband (A.K.A Snap Internet NZ)

Does a really good job. We've never had any issues with them. We pay for 100mbps up and that's what we get. 10/10 would recommend.

ec8fbd6912490bee306166eaf82a611e.png

Gotenks    497

guys i need ISPS in Adelaide preferably. hahaha sorry

Zorgain    482

With Slingshot I currently get  1 up and 1 down but get Ultra VDSL next week and thats 100 up, 100 down :D

Fitz    1239

Getting a different provider isn't going to change your adsl speeds.

• Like 1

Lotza    522

@Fitz

That depends entirely on your area and who owns the cable. I was with TPG using a Telstra owned cable, we were getting 1megabit down and the up was so bad it wasn't even worth testing.

We have recently switched to Telstra and we get 8mb down, not entirely sure what my up is. Note that I'm still on ADSL, same as I was before.

Note that we still use the sane cable.

Fitz    1239
    5 minutes ago, Lotza said:

@Fitz

That depends entirely on your area and who owns the cable. I was with TPG using a Telstra owned cable, we were getting 1megabit down and the up was so bad it wasn't even worth testing.

We have recently switched to Telstra and we get 8mb down, not entirely sure what my up is. Note that I'm still on ADSL, same as I was before.

Note that we still use the sane cable.

Yeah that's true, but I was under the impression that Internode owned a lot of the cables in Adelaide (not sure tho). I've also had different experiences with changing ISP on Telstra owned cables, tried 3 different ones; Telstra, TPG and Optus and it was either slower or the same.

Like you said though, all depends on your location. Best bet for fast internet is cable or live near the exchange.