DanOmate

Transport Methods/Variety

DanOmate    17

I think it would be great if transport pilots could use other methods of transport instead of the generic helo pick up/drop off. Could implement a fleet of Caesars for that luxury ride in, or even the counterpart to the Blackfish, a couple unarmed Y-32s would be a real blast to transport with.

Just a couple suggestions to make the server a bit more lively/fun .

• Like 2

• Nova    1779
    15 minutes ago, DanOmate said:

I think it would be great if transport pilots could use other methods of transport instead of the generic helo pick up/drop off. Could implement a fleet of Caesars for that luxury ride in, or even the counterpart to the Blackfish, a couple unarmed Y-32s would be a real blast to transport with.

Just a couple suggestions to make the server a bit more lively/fun .

if the Caesars had more seats then it would be viable. 

currently no unarmed Y-32's in the game. you can get the armed ones from side missions but they spawn very rarely since they OP as hell

Fitz    1239

Caesars are fun but kinda useless. Only 2 people can get in and they have no flares or radar so they don't last long.

Unarmed Y-32 would be good though! 

• Like 3

Ora209    142

i know this is a bit off topic but I've been doing air traffic control and noticed that crashes and effectiveness of the pilots has increased especially the ones that listen, i think control might be an area we should work on... like we've got such excellent vehicles for transport its just a matter of co-ordination... i mean i certainly don't mind being air traffic control, its kinda fun so ill be helping out in that regard.

• Like 1

Tracuer    92

If you want to make things different or interesting, pick another pilot to fly in formation with, fly with them on transport runs land the same LZ and leave the base at the same time. It's surprising how much fun flying in formation can be, especially when it's with a pilot that is good or you trust, or even if you don't, flying their wingman can be interesting as you don't know what's going to happen next :p  (also looks good for the ground guys seeing pilots flying together)

Another option is we could always increase the amount of enemy aircraft. :p

Anyway, we can only change up our heli list so much, and we can already fly most of them from the spawn. We DID have a parajumping jet that was in trial, but the infantry didn't like the idea as they lose their backpacks doing so. 

All in all, I really don't see much wrong with how our aircraft are set up, we have a large choice of air frames to choose from on spawn and it's really up to the pilots whether they make things interesting for them. Me personally I like to try land the infantry where-ever they ask me, just for the challenge (more often than not, it's a dangerous LZ) or where the front line of friendlies are, I'll drop just behind them. There are a number of things pilot can do to make things fun, they just have to think outside the box sometimes.

• Like 3

Ora209    142
    2 hours ago, Tracuer said:

Another option is we could always increase the amount of enemy aircraft. :p

This might actually be something to follow up... cause yesterday fitz spawned in i think 3 neophrons and even tho it was a challenge to eliminate all three but it certainly made cas do more work in the way of supporting the transport heli's the only downside to that would be that the server might lag just that bit more (not 100% sure if it would effect server performance but who knows)

Nova    1779
    55 minutes ago, Ora209 said:

This might actually be something to follow up... cause yesterday fitz spawned in i think 3 neophrons and even tho it was a challenge to eliminate all three but it certainly made cas do more work in the way of supporting the transport heli's the only downside to that would be that the server might lag just that bit more (not 100% sure if it would effect server performance but who knows)

i always consider spawning in more enemy aircraft but it would wreck the helis so easily that people would be dying too often

Travesty    265

Got my butt shot down multiple times with the enemy CAS last night. Damn good fun.

I'd like to see a moving Enemy Helicopter mission like Wasteland in I&A that operates away from the AO.

• Like 2

Nova    1779
    2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Got my butt shot down multiple times with the enemy CAS last night. Damn good fun.

I'd like to see a moving Enemy Helicopter mission like Wasteland in I&A that operates away from the AO.

that can be done with zeus. will do a few more cas orientated zeus missions if the demand is there

that was me in the jet btw. come up behind you fire a couple of shots and fly away. i'd usually take out the tail rotor

• Like 4

Travesty    265
    On 9/6/2016 at 7:22 PM, InfamousNova said:

that can be done with zeus. will do a few more cas orientated zeus missions if the demand is there

that was me in the jet btw. come up behind you fire a couple of shots and fly away. i'd usually take out the tail rotor

I knew it! :p

• Like 2

=S.N.A.F.U.=    92
    On 9/5/2016 at 2:35 PM, InfamousNova said:

if the Caesars had more seats then it would be viable. 

currently no unarmed Y-32's in the game. you can get the armed ones from side missions but they spawn very rarely since they OP as hell

Couldn't they be spawned without ammo & set to never rearm? I vaguely remember someone doing this before with another vehicle.

& I must say thanks to @Fitz & @InfamousNova for their flyby's last night.. & also to @Travesty for goading them on while in my chopper :p

On 9/6/2016 at 8:45 AM, Tracuer said:

If you want to make things different or interesting, pick another pilot to fly in formation with, fly with them on transport runs land the same LZ and leave the base at the same time. It's surprising how much fun flying in formation can be, especially when it's with a pilot that is good or you trust, or even if you don't, flying their wingman can be interesting as you don't know what's going to happen next :p  (also looks good for the ground guys seeing pilots flying together)

A

I love doing this & try to encourage it as often as possible.

• Like 1

Parko    24

Would be good to see increased use of land/water transport too. Constantly see inf bitch and complain about pilots, heli's crashing or a lack of transport while the carpark sits with its full compliment of vehicles. 

I understand that the heavy vehicles are slow, and you either need a competent and trustworthy mate, or knowledge of how to control AI, to use the armed vehicles effectively, but by god are they great fun. 

Perhaps it could be worth looking into changing a few inf slots over to armour or land vehicle operator slots to encourage their use. If the server wasnt so limiting I'd maybe even suggest a boat team. 

A little variation is great, Ive recently taken to ditching my marksmen rifle for a tool kit, 1 or 2 AI and a Slammer :p

20160906163650_1.jpg

20160906195838_1.jpg

20160908183925_1.jpg

• Like 5

Travesty    265
    On 9/8/2016 at 10:28 AM, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

I must say thanks to @Fitz & @InfamousNova for their flyby's last night.. & also to @Travesty for goading them on while in my chopper :p

58251397.jpg

• Like 3

real    114

formation flying tends to mean a lot of waiting around for everyone whilst pilots get organised which invariably leads to people getting frustrated, particularly the infantry who just want to get to the ao and shoot anything and everything.

I'd be happy to see more enemy aircraft if we have an ever present aa support taking them down.  and then I think people don't tend to use the aa jets because there's so much time waiting for an enemy aircraft to spawn.
    Also, if you're going to add more enemy aircraft, can you look at the helos so they don't explode after rolling over?  In fact, can this be looked at anyway?  the number of times I've masterfully, and with unparalleled style, managed to land a helo that has lost all function only for it to topple over and kill the infantry is frustrating.

Ok, so it doesn't happen often and I may be over stating my abilities, but the frustration is still the same

Rogmantosh    242
    On 08/09/2016 at 8:28 AM, =S.N.A.F.U.= said:

Couldn't they be spawned without ammo & set to never rearm? I vaguely remember someone doing this before with another vehicle.

& I must say thanks to @Fitz & @InfamousNova for their flyby's last night.. & also to @Travesty for goading them on while in my chopper :p

@=S.N.A.F.U.= Yes this would be possible, as with the CAS units not having the ATGM's. 
    time to get researching I think. will see what I can come up with but please don't hold me to it as I am still learning the code.