waynomac

Make FOBs more interesting?

waynomac    3

This is sort of a two part topic so bare with me

1: so part one is in seek of knowledge about the actual use of the FOBs, Apart from the respawn option what else do we currently use them for?? excuse my ignorance but are there vehicles/arsenals at the FOBs??

2: Is there any chance of doing some of the defend missions at our own FOB instead of the HQ in the last AO and possibly having a few minutes to get organised before the attack starts but when the attack starts it being more intense or on an even larger scale doing a massive defend at our actual HQ/spawn area??

Edited by waynomac

• Nova    1779
    17 minutes ago, waynomac said:

This is sort of a two part topic so bare with me

1: so part one is in seek of knowledge about the actual use of the FOBs, Apart from the respawn option what else do we currently use them for?? excuse my ignorance but are there vehicles/arsenals at the FOBs??

2: Is there any chance of doing some of the defend missions at our own FOB instead of the HQ in the last AO and possibly having a few minutes to get organised before the attack starts but when the attack starts it being more intense or on an even larger scale doing a massive defend at our actual HQ/spawn area??

so 1 the fob can be used to repair refuel vehicles as long as they are supplied logistically

2. occasionally a zeus might do a defend mission at the fob.

Humaine    131

On the topic of FOB, once we capture/enable it, can we have supplies spawn/made available from there?

Its a pain, flying back to the main base to rearm.

Nova    1779
    4 hours ago, Humaine said:

On the topic of FOB, once we capture/enable it, can we have supplies spawn/made available from there?

Its a pain, flying back to the main base to rearm.

yes the pilots can deliver ammo crates like the huron ammo crate and it will spawn a crate there with NATO ammo an weapons

tyman421568    0

I think that more common FOB defence missions are a good idea, and I would like the idea of maybe being able to upgrade the FOB logistically to have an arsenal or an armoured vehicle depot

Slep.    279
    On 23/01/2017 at 11:23 AM, tyman421568 said:

I think that more common FOB defence missions are a good idea, and I would like the idea of maybe being able to upgrade the FOB logistically to have an arsenal or an armoured vehicle depot

Defense missions for the FOB would be interesting. As you stated if an arsenal or vehicle depot were present, it would give the FOB more strategic significance - meaning rhat players will be more inclined to defend it. The arsenal shouldnt be a virtual one to stop people from spamming AT, HE and AA missiles, rockets and statics. One of the ammo crates could be airlifted in from the airfield or it spawns there natively when the FOB mission spawns to act as an "arsenal". Also some vehicles should spawn natively because without them, the FOB Respawn becomes useless when you could respawn at base and get a heli over to the AO. 

Nova    1779
    15 hours ago, Slepwakeat said:

Defense missions for the FOB would be interesting. As you stated if an arsenal or vehicle depot were present, it would give the FOB more strategic significance - meaning rhat players will be more inclined to defend it. The arsenal shouldnt be a virtual one to stop people from spamming AT, HE and AA missiles, rockets and statics. One of the ammo crates could be airlifted in from the airfield or it spawns there natively when the FOB mission spawns to act as an "arsenal". Also some vehicles should spawn natively because without them, the FOB Respawn becomes useless when you could respawn at base and get a heli over to the AO. 

vehicles an ammo do spawn if the pilots bring supplies. Offroads spawn once certain conditions are met

Slep.    279

Iv never seen them spawn though, even on completed FOB's. Do you have to activate a menu option to spawn them like the FOB respawn?

Fitz    1239
    10 minutes ago, Slepwakeat said:

Iv never seen them spawn though, even on completed FOB's. Do you have to activate a menu option to spawn them like the FOB respawn?

If you check the status of the FOB and it says Vehicle Respawn is activated then there should be vehicles (offroads, trucks, quads) there. 

ultranoob    25

Can we add a one-time one-chance activatable high-risk high-reward Special mission for each FOB spawn?

Edit: Honestly probably more a zeus thing.... or would it...

Edited by ultranoob