martin

The APD poll. what do you think of it

How do you think the APD in Altis is operating.   

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• voidy    12

a few things we need to work on as a group is our teamwork our comms i feel we need to do more training @Spectral

Edited by voidy

Zorgain    482
    45 minutes ago, voidy said:

a few things we need to work on as a group is our teamwork our comms i feel we need to do more training @Spectral

Also the "Just Banter" Needs to stop I, Myself do it but Im working on stopping the banter just goes on and on. Maybe not training just a meeting with the command team or something.

Edited by Jake Reddington

CreedJr    385
    21 minutes ago, Jake Reddington said:

Also the "Just Banter" Needs to stop I, Myself do it but Im working on stopping the banter just goes on and on. Maybe not training just a meeting with the command team or something.

The banter on TS needs to stop, it shouldn't be too hard to work professionally, if your going to chat with your partner that's fine, the police don't expect you to be RoboCop, it is normal to have friendly banter, just do it in vehicle chat, talking over the TS is the equivalent of constantly chatting over group chat, it is very irritating.

• Like 2

The cop force is going really well, if we take a back look at it a couple months ago,

There was no commands, besides marc who was over loaded, training was rarely done, and teamwork was a taboo

Looking now, People know what there doing, we have people in positions such as Superintendent and Assistant Commissioners as well as captains and sergeants all helping out, one step at a time nothing rushed because it will not turn at good. teamwork is going very well, listening and people thinking tactically and thinking about ROLEPLAY will make this cop force great

• Like 1

Spectral    1342

I am very proud of all the boys. 

We can tone the banter way down, for me when they do it I let it slide between situations sometimes, depends on the mood of the night.

But a lot of the time recently we are REALLY on our game, good comms, good teamwork.

The Crime we stop is sometimes minor, but it all help things stop piling up. Some really great cops on the team now, SRT up and stomping, 

and all in all I am pretty happy....

BUT

Work to be done. We have a blue print of what it all looks like in a few months. For me, its not Robocop, but its prep, practice and patience. 

Once we got onto that, and work on it more well we will see a Golden Age of Policing. Strap yourselves in, its going to really ramp up. 

• Like 1

Leopard    7

Defiantly the best Altis Life Police Force I have seen in my two years of ArmA3.

Not quite on the level of some of the A3L servers I have seen.

They however were run by 10's of people, who spent all their time on that role a I don't think ever left the computer... EVER!

Good to see an Altis Life server with a good, organised police force.

Something I don't see too often...

With love!

Leopard

// Gang Leader //

• Like 1

CreedJr    385
    25 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Defiantly the best Altis Life Police Force I have seen in my two years of ArmA3.

I am going to have to second this, after seeing many different communities in my long time on Arma, this has to be the most organised and Professional police force I have seen in any Arma Community. Keep up the good work boys.

• Like 1

From what Ive seen they've been doing a fantastic job - possibly need to tase the victims of a hit and run a little less but hey its all fun and games! besides its always funny seeing other gangs get tased!

Good job fellas, Keep it up! :D

martin    173

To everyone one who has voted and commented.

thank you for giving your opinion, not only myself, but other members of the police force and the community members will look to improve this.

from me joining the community and becoming a police unit 5-6 months ago it has change over-time, a lot and for good reason too.

we have become a structured force with a database, codes, ranking,SRT,role play and plenty more

i like to thank everyone in the community for standing together threw the high and lows *cough* "free weekend" *cough*.

i wish every one a good day.

[S05W] Martin.M

Edited by martin
    grammer :P

Marc_R    409

G'day All

Just have been reading over this post and thought I should show you some history of the Police on the server.
    Back in October 2015 when I first came to this community the cops where struggling to have more than 8 players online for more than an hour at at time. 
    Rebels and Civs where running wild, Sydney was over run all the time with rebels, It did not help that most of the police force would log off as cop and go as rebel to cause the problems for who ever was left on as cop (mostly pub-slots) no one above the rank of Sargent was online to support the lower ranks. People would bait the cops in to shoot outs knowing that 4 pub-slots with tazers was an easy battle to win. In October 2015 a rework of the police force was requested by the community, but the commissioner at the time saw no problems with the police force. As you can read for yourself in Rework the cop force post.

I was asked to run the police force (by the founders of the community) shortly after a few more complaints about the way cops where operating, my goal was to restructure the command, ranks, training, operations, tactics, roleplay and to bring numbers up in the police force. In the 1st month of me taking over I threw out the old police database and started over from scratch, started training sessions, and restructured the command of the police force. The old commanders did like that and tried to vote me out, As you can read in the Cop Commissioner post.

Over the past 6 months the police force has changed, numbers are up to the point there are over 10 cops online each day, communications are better using the 10-codes and not a screaming match over teamspeak, training is conducted to help players roleplay better think better and use tactics, teamwork is more impotent than solo rambo cops doing there own thing, cops are using the database as a main reference for all police information and not making up stuff as they go along, more command cops are online to support the lower ranks, dispatch and coordination is a lot better, Rebels and Civs are not running as wild as they where before (apart from the odd trolls), and as a whole the server is better than it was before.

The foundation I made for the police force has worked and others have helped build that foundation up to make the police force better (Spectral, Roger Purple, Brutalforthepizza, Delta, Masin, 2muchKFC, Rambo and others) but we still have more to do with training, communications, tactics, new recruits, roleplay and a few other areas of improvement. And we are working on that, the police force has come a long way in 6 months, and in the next 6 months will be a lot better. I have done my main goal for the police force in laying a foundation for others to build on.

I am very proud of what I have done for the police force, even prouder the way others have embraced my work and continue to build on what I have done. All involved are making this police force the best on any server. 

• Like 3

sirgeneralj    378

Cop force going great.

I know the Comms are a tonne better then the old server I used to go on.

And I understand people like to keep banter to a minimum but there are also quite a few who enjoy the banter and while playing everyone had to remember it's just a game. To me I have 3 main goals and I think that they are pretty good, if anyone has other goals I would like to hear them:

1. Have fun (so cliche)

2. Don't get banned

3. Do good teamwork and beat the rebels

Boys, I love good Comms, but to me there is a point where it's too far, it also depends on the nature of the night, the imsituation and amount of officers. One of the best banks I have ever done we had about 8 officers, Comms were reasonable clear but jokes were being well placed throughout our battle, people realised when to shutup and in the spare time when no one else was talking there might be a witty remark. This works really good with 6-10 officers whom have self control, but we do need to know, battle messages take priority. By the end of that bank everyone was relaxed, laughing and high fiving how well we smashed the rebels.

By contrast with 20 cops on, while I believe there is still room for a few jokes they need to be quick and not obstruct the Comms for more then 10 seconds, due to the fact there's normally 3 lines of communication at once. I have a pet hate with shouting because it doesn't accomplish anything (other then Ingame for roleplay), but hey it happens, atleast it seems we have gotten rid of some of the worst offenders.

Banter is always good as it gives us an outlet for fun and keeps us relaxed Ingame. We don't have to win every battle, and generally Comms aren't the only reason we loose (even though that's rare). I say all we need to do is learn where it's appropriate or not, for who wants a force who can't talk. 

I personally want to laugh with all the boys when a rebel kills his own gang member, or when they grenade themselves and make our job easy. I want to be forgiving to the new guys, and train them to be the best they can be. I want us to all have a kind of friendship that brothers in arms should have, because a team is only as good as its weakest player.

As far as banter against cops, yes we do accept it as a joke, if at any time you feel as though someone has gone too far with something please let the highest rank in the channel know, we enjoy having fun and sometimes everyone goes a little too far, but if it's annoying you don't let it go further and let someone know. If this person does nothing let a Helpdesk, admin or moderator know and it'll be sorted out that way. As I said, we are brothers, we are going to say a few things but downright bullying is not okay, and if you have had enough, then it's going to stop there.

Would like to thank @Marc_R for being one kickass comish, served under him since around the 15th of December and every day has been great. It has been awesome seeing the police force evolve, from the days as a pub where I had to teach the other pubs until today, where we have induction training and friendly people nearly always available to help. Also great to see everyone coming together to fight crime.

Lets use our MXs well and our tazers better, we are the APD and we are here to protect and serve (ourselves) baby 

#TheFire

- To the best Altis Life Police Force -

• Like 1

I love the work our boys do but i think we should add more fines to the data base so we can charge people for thing that we couldn't before

SRT LT TH3GamingBanana