FlamingORB

Money 4 Signing up On Forums

Money 4 Signing up On Forums  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• pava999    26

Hang on a second guys the main reason is so more people who play wasteland should come on ts and join the channels allocated for wasteland cause the wasteland ts section is always running low so giving out money would be a good addition to getting more regular wasteland players to join ts and obviously create better communication between either teammates or friends who want to play together. Lets admit here the ingame chat isnt amazing in terms of communication either. The amazing part to this is the fact all the guys who commented above who play altis life i'm one of them also always use ts and hardly use the group channels or other forms of comm no where near as much as they use the chat on teamspeak. So I think this is a great start. I thought i would bring this to attention flaming.

• Like 1

ʝ17    433

We did look into it but there's enough advertising click able links ect and stuff for people if they where that interested in getting involved more with the community then I'm sure they would sign up more of the fact it wouldn't be an automatic thing would need to be done manually and also if there was stuff like I&a pilot police/medic type of thing then people wouldn't have a choice they would have to join always room to create something new in game which that is required but group chat is used more than anything on wasteland ts number have been quite good compared to what they used to be comepletly empty

Fitz    1239

Just because they join the forums, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to join the ts as well. If you give them money, most likely they'll join for the money and then never really check out the site properly.

• Like 2

dasweetdude    327

I'll go with some spare cash while ya are handing out money for wasteland since l cant get more than 8 fps anyway. It might make up for how often l die. I thought you were trying to get people to come on teamspeak. Just a thought if ya giving them in game cash you want them to use the teamspeak channels and register on the forums. When ya register on the forums its for the community to keep up with the news updates in the community and for people to have their say. Using the teamspeak is another thing entirely different. Also we would like people to donate to support our servers so if ya give some cash to some people by BI rules of granting us monetization  rights this would be against their policy that we signed up for. And l have to agree with what pav, j17 and fitz said above bud. Its a start but ya need to think of the pro's and cons e.g someone comes on ts for an hour or just registered on the forums do you give them money just for that even if they never use the account. If they register on teamspeak and come on for an hour and collect that cash where is the incentive for them to continue to use our teamspeak vs like what jay said using group chat.

• Like 2

BruhBea    1
    4 hours ago, dasweetdude said:

I'll go with some spare cash while ya are handing out money for wasteland since l cant get more than 8 fps anyway. It might make up for how often l die. I thought you were trying to get people to come on teamspeak. Just a thought if ya giving them in game cash you want them to use the teamspeak channels and register on the forums. When ya register on the forums its for the community to keep up with the news updates in the community and for people to have their say. Using the teamspeak is another thing entirely different. Also we would like people to donate to support our servers so if ya give some cash to some people by BI rules of granting us monetization  rights this would be against their policy that we signed up for. And l have to agree with what pav, j17 and fitz said above bud. Its a start but ya need to think of the pro's and cons e.g someone comes on ts for an hour or just registered on the forums do you give them money just for that even if they never use the account. If they register on teamspeak and come on for an hour and collect that cash where is the incentive for them to continue to use our teamspeak vs like what jay said using group chat.

i doubt it would break monetization rules as we're not accepting anything in return

Spec13    12

I'm not sure providing players money is the best way to get people around the community. You want to give players incentive not only to sign up, but to stick around the community. Providing players with in-game money is only an incentive to sign up, not to stick around. You're better off giving community members an in-game bonus for each hour they play whilst being on TS3 as well. Compare TS3 logs to server logs on a weekly basis for players who have played upwards of x hours in the server. I assume total playtime logs exist for Wasteland? 

• Like 1

Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, Spec13 said:

I'm not sure providing players money is the best way to get people around the community. You want to give players incentive not only to sign up, but to stick around the community. Providing players with in-game money is only an incentive to sign up, not to stick around. You're better off giving community members an in-game bonus for each hour they play whilst being on TS3 as well. Compare TS3 logs to server logs on a weekly basis for players who have played upwards of x hours in the server. I assume total playtime logs exist for Wasteland? 

That would probably take a huge load of time to do though seeing as quite a few people play wasteland

Spec13    12
    1 hour ago, A. Fitz said:

That would probably take a huge load of time to do though seeing as quite a few people play wasteland

I'd imagine it'd be relatively simple if you simple monitor the Wasteland channels and those connecting to them. Quickly compare them to server stats, I can see it being rather simple if the x playtime value is something like 10 hours weekly. 

BruhBea    1
    2 minutes ago, Spec13 said:

I'd imagine it'd be relatively simple if you simple monitor the Wasteland channels and those connecting to them. Quickly compare them to server stats, I can see it being rather simple if the x playtime value is something like 10 hours weekly. 

a lot of work for small rewards

Jüstice™.    46
    On 11/11/2015, 1:42:24, A. Fitz said:

Just because they join the forums, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to join the ts as well. If you give them money, most likely they'll join for the money and then never really check out the site properly.

I've only recently joined the forum and the server which I find great...What Fitz says is basically what it boils down too they'll jump on for the cash then bugger off....you'd be better of rewarding the Donators that use TS with a pvt channel or ingame rewards of some type...Back to the original Poll Q.  No cash for singing up.  

Tiggati    1067

Just need to advertise our forums and TeamSpeak [TS] in-game more.
    Everytime you look at Rcon or go to spectate a player, send out a global message.
    In wasteland you can send a global warning to everyone. I always put reminders up there about the mag repack and other things. Sometimes the chat goes too quick. So when you use the warn system it's in your face and you read it regardless if it's important or not. 

With I&A, maybe make the load-in video with our forum and TS advertisement.
    With Altis Life, maybe send a text message to everyone on the server advertising our forums and TS.

Rewarding someone money just for being in our TS seems a bit desperate. I mean when you look at rewards just to join a communities TS or forums, it normally shows the community is going down hill and that they're desperate for players. And we're not, we're moving more up hill more than anything with our servers. 

The only other thing we can do is just have direct chat in-game and get people to join TS if they want a group or talk to more people at once. But some people cannot use TS because of their computer. So that'll be unfair.

My other option is to have it like Invade and Annex. Our pilots have to be in TS if they're a pilot. Maybe if it's possible to force that rule into Wasteland and Altis Life. But the down side of that is that people will start leaving because they don't like or cannot get TeamSpeak.

• Like 2