Vertigo

Wasteland private channel

Vertigo    4

I thought about this idea with @Zorgain @ALI and @Elite.

We were thinking if donators for wasteland could get their own private channel under the Independent Team 4

Now your probably thinking if you donate you already get a private channel but this works more like a gang in altis life but not the same. I like the idea that your private channel is under the Wasteland section in Teamspeak because it shows your playing it. The private channels donators have now are used more for AFK, talking with other mates or playing another game but for this channel it should only be for playing as a team. For example you would have your channel locked only allowing serious players in your so called "team" You would work together playing competitive.

It would look something like this in TS3 the TeamSpeak managers could make it look more appealing 

----------------------------------------------------------Wasteland----------------------------------------------------------

Opfor

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3 

Blufor 

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Independent

Team 1

Team 2 

Team 3

Team 4

----------------------------------------------------------Wasteland Team's-------------------------------------------------                                                                        (---------- Name it whatever

(Team name)

Thoughts @Quantum @Mozkelby @Links @Unit_3397

Teamspeak Managers @Roger Purple @Marc_R

Edited by Jared
  • Like 4

• Mozkelby    379

That could work, and might even be a good wee fix for locking the public channels, which seems to have become bit of a norm.

I get the fact that a lot of people want to make videos with a group minus any further disturbance from random folk entering the channel - without, of course, leaving the Wasteland section of Teamspeak. Something like this could be a good way to resolve that.

Something we have to factor in though would be the ever-increasing amount of current channels on the Teamspeak, and avoid filling the server with channels that don't seem to get used. If this were to be added in, we'd have to be absolutely sure that they are going to be used.

• Like 1

Vertigo    4
    2 minutes ago, Mozkelby said:

That could work, and might even be a good wee fix for locking the public channels, which seems to have become bit of a norm.

I get the fact that a lot of people want to make videos with a group minus any further disturbance from random folk entering the channel - without, of course, leaving the Wasteland section of Teamspeak. Something like this could be a good way to resolve that.

Something we have to factor in though would be the ever-increasing amount of current channels on the Teamspeak, and avoid filling the server with channels that don't seem to get used. If this were to be added in, we'd have to be absolutely sure that they are going to be used.

Absolutely agree with you. Yes the Teamspeak could get a little bit messy but I think we can make sure that the channels are going to be used. I know you don't need to be on very day but if you have one of these channels you have to be active and trusted. Hope to see this implemented 

• Like 1

Leopard    7

There are already well over 400 channels (last time I checked).

I don't think having anymore will do any damage :p

I love the idea of private wasteland channels, really good concept.

Except.

Example, you are on opfor, the usual group I see in the channels up there, there should be no reason for a group off opfor to need a team channel, idealy I would see team channels for people who group up on independent. Other words, if you play a team there should be no need for a private channel, you are like the rest of the group and are all on the same side.

If that makes sense?

Apart from that solid idea, would love to see implemented I think it could work really well for the Wasteland server, as far as getting players more permanently involved in SG as a whole.

It's funny because neither Roger or Marc are TS managers xD 

Tiggati, Dasweetdude, sheep and b33f are.... 

<3

Edited by Leopard

Vertigo    4
    4 minutes ago, Leopard said:

There are already well over 400 channels (last time I checked).

I don't think having anymore will do any damage :p

I love the idea of private wasteland channels, really good concept.

Except.

Example, you are on opfor, the usual group I see in the channels up there, there should be no reason for a group off opfor to need a team channel, idealy I would see team channels for people who group up on independent. Other words, if you play a team there should be no need for a private channel, you are like the rest of the group and are all on the same side.

If that makes sense?

Apart from that solid idea, would love to see implemented I think it could work really well for the Wasteland server, as far as getting players more permanently involved in SG as a whole.

It's funny because neither Roger or Marc are TS managers xD 

Tiggati, Dasweetdude, sheep and b33f are.... 

<3

Leopard get up to date man.... Roger and Marc both got Teamspeak managers tonight from Lucky :)

Zorgain    482

What Leopard said Im guessing is true but there is a lot of private channels that dont get used. Would really love private channels for wasteland though

• Like 1

Leopard    7

@Jared

I knew the second I said they wern't that they had gotten it after I logged off. hahaha. I was like "this is going to screw me over".....

I stand corrected :p .

Anyway, 

To elaborate more;

I think this is a good concept to get the wasteland community involved, because from what I can see, people play wasteland and don't really use the TS or register to the forums, well. I know personally that it is more then likely that it is still happening because I did exactly that since november 2014...

I think this could be the first step towards gaining more active and engaged members of the community. 

• Like 1

CreedJr    385

Really good idea,

If having too many channels is an issue perhaps make the requirements be an active group of 5+ players, that way those that donate use their channel?

All in all would be another good perk for Wasteland donators :) 

Vertigo    4
    42 minutes ago, Aidanjr said:

Really good idea,

If having too many channels is an issue perhaps make the requirements be an active group of 5+ players, that way those that donate use their channel?

All in all would be another good perk for Wasteland donators :) 

Yeah or we could also crack down on the Private donator channels we have now if inactive for 1 month its gone and if you want it back you just gotta ask but that's if we have too many channels which I highly doubt will happen and plus adding like 10 more channels MAX will be completely fine.

@Roger Purple @Marc_R could this be implemented? 

Nova    1779
    32 minutes ago, Jared said:

Yeah or we could also crack down on the Private donator channels we have now if inactive for 1 month its gone and if you want it back you just gotta ask but that's if we have too many channels which I highly doubt will happen and plus adding like 10 more channels MAX will be completely fine.

@Roger Purple @Marc_R could this be implemented? 

There's no way to manage if someone has been on or not. And if we started getting a lot more players from wasteland on ts having their own channels and all we'd probably need a larger ts. Not and issue I would think but yeah

• Like 1

CreedJr    385
    11 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

There's no way to manage if someone has been on or not. And if we started getting a lot more players from wasteland on ts having their own channels and all we'd probably need a larger ts. Not and issue I would think but yeah

With the TSJS3 Bot we have, you can set it to delete a channel if no one has joined it after a specified amount of time be it 1 month. That is an option so it may actually be a good idea.

• Like 1

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Aidanjr said:

With the TSJS3 Bot we have, you can set it to delete a channel if no one has joined it after a specified amount of time be it 1 month. That is an option so it may actually be a good idea.

If you could set it to a specific channel parent so it only deletes the children (I know it sounds weird but if you've used ts extensivelly you will know) and not anything else. Like some of the I&A channels don't always get used. And most if not all of the spacers don't get used either 

CreedJr    385
    50 minutes ago, InfamousNova said:

If you could set it to a specific channel parent so it only deletes the children (I know it sounds weird but if you've used ts extensivelly you will know) and not anything else. Like some of the I&A channels don't always get used. And most if not all of the spacers don't get used either 

Yes I believe you can set it to target a specified channel and for it to only delete it's subchannels, I will look further into the bots config files and see what can be done ;) 

• Like 1