Pizda

STRAYAGAMING MINECRAFT?

CeeFar    585

@InfamousNova @Red @Byron

Myself and @Mysteria98 have LOADS of experience between us developing minecraft servers. We are planning on working together to create a server and present it to whoever it's relevant and talking about it from there.

also @Byron I have configured buycraft countless times :)

• Byron    197
    Just now, nclem said:

@InfamousNova @Red @Byron

Myself and @Mysteria98 have LOADS of experience between us developing minecraft servers. We are planning on working together to create a server and present it to whoever it's relevant and talking about it from there.

also @Byron I have configured buycraft countless times :)

I myself have some knowledge in configuring Minecraft server plugins. I've owned three server in which i configured myself to my liking, all three fell though as i just lost interest in Minecraft. Jail, Factions and SMP. I'd love to jump on and take a look around :) 

• Like 2

CeeFar    585
    Just now, Byron said:

I myself have some knowledge in configuring Minecraft server plugins. I've owned three server in which i configured myself to my liking, all three fell though as i just lost interest in Minecraft. Jail, Factions and SMP. I'd love to jump on and take a look around :) 

Sounds good :)

The only issue as of late is Bukkit (basically all of the server files) got issued a DMCA takedown by a salty ex-coder and there aren't any stable versions past 1.8.8 (I think). 

You can do some digging and use an alternate version like Spigot, but yeah. We'll talk about it on TS :)

Nevetos    511

While minecraft seems like the easiest thing to do, I must disagree. It is something which requires a lot of thought.

Going off and developing a Server is rather easy, but putting together all elements to make an enjoyable, lasting experience isn't. While you might be able to develop a masterpiece, without good execution, it's destined to fail.

Working with the monetisation rule is quite simple, create a plugin just like a forum giveaway and X days it draws a winner - but only if they enter in game -, or through voting (X chance of getting it), or any way which gives all players a chance of getting everything that you would if you donated (i.e. a .001 chance of getting something from mining stone, etc). Remember that cosmetics are fine, only things which impact gameplay fall under it.

If you do go into donations, be prepared to be contacted by parents a lot about purchases they want refunded - because their credit card was taken by their kids... What a surprise.

Some things to think about (kept small because I don't want another massive post)

Survival/Sandbox/PvP ?
    Economy (one of the biggest ones)? What items? What plugins & commands? What features?
    Do you go for 1.8 PvP, or go for 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11? - Do you use a plugin for 1.8 PvP (Which may be very buggy)

If you go for a sandbox, what players want is entities - they want to be able to use red-stone, use minecarts, have animals - all of which isn't too friendly on the server.
    Do you give them something like world edit - another feature people really enjoy, but isn't too friendly on the server either (yes, you can limit what they can do)

If you go for something like hunger games (a gamemode), are you just making it for a quick session, or are you trying to make it enjoyable to play for hours (much harder)?
    Do you go with what has already been established (i.e. Factions, HungerGames etc.) or would you develop a new gamemode never thought of before?

Do you go for one server, or more? How many to keep everything interesting with a playerbase?

I am not here to discourage anything, just making sure everyone knows whats involved. (How do I know? 6 years of working on one server which has had its up and downs from 100-1000 on at a time, to 30-80 in its last stretches)

• Like 2

CeeFar    585
    11 minutes ago, Nevetos said:

While minecraft seems like the easiest thing to do, I must disagree. It is something which requires a lot of thought.

Going off and developing a Server is rather easy, but putting together all elements to make an enjoyable, lasting experience isn't. While you might be able to develop a masterpiece, without good execution, it's destined to fail.

Working with the monetisation rule is quite simple, create a plugin just like a forum giveaway and X days it draws a winner - but only if they enter in game -, or through voting (X chance of getting it), or any way which gives all players a chance of getting everything that you would if you donated (i.e. a .001 chance of getting something from mining stone, etc). Remember that cosmetics are fine, only things which impact gameplay fall under it.

If you do go into donations, be prepared to be contacted by parents a lot about purchases they want refunded - because their credit card was taken by their kids... What a surprise.

Some things to think about (kept small because I don't want another massive post)

Survival/Sandbox/PvP ?
    Economy (one of the biggest ones)? What items? What plugins & commands? What features?
    Do you go for 1.8 PvP, or go for 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11? - Do you use a plugin for 1.8 PvP (Which may be very buggy)

If you go for a sandbox, what players want is entities - they want to be able to use red-stone, use minecarts, have animals - all of which isn't too friendly on the server.
    Do you give them something like world edit - another feature people really enjoy, but isn't too friendly on the server either (yes, you can limit what they can do)

If you go for something like hunger games (a gamemode), are you just making it for a quick session, or are you trying to make it enjoyable to play for hours (much harder)?
    Do you go with what has already been established (i.e. Factions, HungerGames etc.) or would you develop a new gamemode never thought of before?

Do you go for one server, or more? How many to keep everything interesting with a playerbase?

I am not here to discourage anything, just making sure everyone knows whats involved. (How do I know? 6 years of working on one server which has had its up and downs from 100-1000 on at a time, to 30-80 in its last stretches)

@Flex , @Bluey and @Byron just played on a server that me and a mate made, that has already gone through this sort of thing

Thoughts lads?

• Like 1

Axle_Tiaky    415

To be truthful, this has been attempted before, a lot of people wanted it to happen and when it did happen no one played on it.

This is not to say that it may not work, but history tends to repeat itself.

All my opinion, but would be great to see something like this to come up again. 

• Like 4

Lachlan    204

we did do it a while back when the community wasn't as big as what it is today it might turn out to be something different. 

it will be something interesting to see.

• Like 1

Brodie    776
    51 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

we did do it a while back when the community wasn't as big as what it is today it might turn out to be something different. 

it will be something interesting to see.

The problem was letting @CoherentStorm and @ForeignGuy develop it ;);) 

• Like 4

Anti-Wingman    211

hey man I'm keen to see this happen, +1 from me. I've never developed anything in my life apart from my crippling depression so i'd be no help here. but hey if it happens then hell yeah, i remember the days i'd build castles with my mates...good times.

Keep me posted if this actually goes ahead!

Mysteria98    3

Pretty sure me and @nclem and who ever else would be able to develop the server just need the approvals from strayagaming if they want it to go ahead as we would need someone to buy a server from a hosting company like mcprohosting. Then once we have been given access to the control panel then we would be able to develop the server. (Meaning install/customise important plugins, recruit  builders to build spawn etc and then recruit other staff to help manage the server.) Also would need a poll to see what type of server the community wants it to be but I don't see a problem of having multiple gamemodes if money isn't a problem.

P.S I'm leaning towards a spigot survival server with minigames but its up to you guys.

Edited by Mysteria98
    • Like 2

20 hours ago, Red said:

I wouldn't say that donations are what we are aiming for here, but instead something enjoyable that our current player base is wanting and can enjoy.

My only issue with Factions and PvP in general is the salt and frustration that comes with it.

Salt is nothing, Just wait till you have a squad of 10 year olds with there $10 booter hitting your staff and players offline

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mysteria98 said:

Pretty sure me and @nclem and who ever else would be able to develop the server just need the approvals from strayagaming if they want it to go ahead as we would need someone to buy a server from a hosting company like mcprohosting. Then once we have been given access to the control panel then we would be able to develop the server. (Meaning install/customise important plugins, recruit  builders to build spawn etc and then recruit other staff to help manage the server.) Also would need a poll to see what type of server the community wants it to be but I don't see a problem of having multiple gamemodes if money isn't a problem.

P.S I'm leaning towards a spigot survival server with minigames but its up to you guys.

mcpro is legit the worst company someone could go with. There servers are slow and way to expensive, I have owned several of them my self

CeeFar    585
    17 hours ago, Mysteria98 said:

Myself and a mate already have a server MADE and it's ALREADY on an mcprohost right now, it costs about 25 dollars a month. All we need is funding haha.

Noordo    95

@nclem I have hosted over 20+ minecraft servers, been admin for 50+, been developer for 30+ etc. I have even made custom plugins! 

Also, I have found a plugin that lets clients with any version above 1.8 join, now yes it would be a little op for people using 1.8 against 1.9+. But, everything else is simple. The server needs to be 1.8, thats so 1.8 users cant get 1.9+ items etc.

Edited by Noordo

Envy    649
    1 hour ago, Noordo said:

@nclem I have hosted over 20+ minecraft servers, been admin for 50+, been developer for 30+ etc. I have even made custom plugins! 

Also, I have found a plugin that lets clients with any version above 1.8 join, now yes it would be a little op for people using 1.8 against 1.9+. But, everything else is simple. The server needs to be 1.8, thats so 1.8 users cant get 1.9+ items etc.

That's an awful lot...

Noordo    95

ye, my mum made me get checked for a serious case of addiction. LOL 

CeeFar    585
    1 hour ago, Noordo said:

That certainly is quite the profile and history. Do you have any proof of ANY of these servers?

Noordo    95

ye, but a bit hard to keep track. (these were from 2012-2013 so....) but most of the servers i hosted i still have the files for dem.