Josh_ua

StrayaGaming Zeus Events

Josh_ua    933

- // STRAYAGAMING ZEUS EVENTS // - 

Hey everyone,

Over the past few months, we have made several changes to the type, frequency and way in which we run events. We have put together a detailed list of some of the changes and new initiatives that you may have noticed been implemented.

ZEUS EVENTS | INFO:

As we now have a dedicated server to host Zeus missions, we typically host missions three times a week on the following days; 

- Wednesdays 18:00 AEST

- Fridays 18:00/19:00 AEST

- Sundays 17:00 AEST

These objective based 1-2 hour long missions are aimed at those looking for a more down to earth experience than the usual I&A grind, with a focus on team oriented play and combat proficiency ensuring that victory is secured. Of course, it wouldn’t be a classic Straya experience without a ton of laughs along the way, so be sure to come ready, eyes pre-rolled for some punny fun throughout the missions.

ZEUS EVENTS | MODS:

There is an entire new world of experience you’ll be missing out on if you haven’t dived into what one of the best modding communities in the world has to offer, and as such, we’ll be running these missions with some legendary mods installed. The full listing can be found on our steam collection, and features some near famous contributions such as the RHS mods, Lythium and Unsung.

SG EVENTS DISCORD:

If you didn’t catch the news when if was first released to the public, Strayagaming has a new dedicated Events Discord server. Get all the latest mission information and status updates to stay in the ‘what is happening when’ loop, and customise how much information you receive with an opt-in channel notification system. If you have any questions or suggestions for us regarding this new venture, that’ll be the place to do it.

INTERESTED IN BEING A ZEUS?: 

If you're proficient and interested in Zeusing contact @Noskire @Joshua_ or @BigRed through discord and we'll help you to plan, organize and run your mission. 

• Like 6

• Tracuer    92

Have we got any footage of the events, I thought there was a few people who recorded some of them. It'd be cool to have that to be able to watch as well.

Turbanator    40

1 hour ago, Tracuer said:

Have we got any footage of the events, I thought there was a few people who recorded some of them. It'd be cool to have that to be able to watch as well.

I’ll record the one this evening and I’ll edit it 

Snowy    61

You guys running advanced ace, wind and shit and is it 1st person? But zues ?? using a debug is 10 times better and having the mission all laid out before you start. This is just my experience with 1000s of hours mission making.

• Wait What? 2
    • thonking 1

Fitz    1239
    1 hour ago, Snowy said:

You guys running advanced ace, wind and shit and is it 1st person? But zues ?? using a debug is 10 times better and having the mission all laid out before you start. This is just my experience with 1000s of hours mission making.

What exactly is "a debug"? 

• Like 1
    • hahaa 1

pkisbest    198
    1 hour ago, Snowy said:

This is basic missions that are meant to be fun, shortish and enjoyable. Hence why as it stands we aren’t using ACE at the moment. It’s on the cards for a potential use, but it would be basic.

I want to specify that we very well may never use ACE due to constraints in people who aren’t familiar with the medical systems. Plus it is down to the higher ranking staff what mods are allowed on the server.

The missions are layed out before the players start. No units are added to the mission in progress. This is usually done by the primary Zeus ( whoever is the mission creator).

Edited by pkisbest
    • Like 2

Trooper    0

Hes means a Zeus running the debug console (yes, the admin one). In my experience its something to be avoided.

Yes, its handy if something goes wrong with the mission and settings/triggers/areas need to be reset or a trouble making player needs to be removed, but more often then not what i've seen is that the console gets abused. I also believe its unnecessary here as theres almost always an admin around.

On the ACE issue, while its ultimately up to the SG staff as to whether or not its allowed, IMO the mission creator should get a heavily weighted vote. Remember its the creators time and efforts that go into these and they may or may not want to have it integrated as part of their design.

I'd also like to point out that ACE is completely modular. Only want the Medical system, no problem. Only want the advanced ballistics, sure thing. Like most of ACE but hate the fatigue/stamina, advanced grenade throwing and map tools, well guess what, you can just get rid of those.

pkisbest    198

As stated earlier, it’s on the cards for discussion. We trialled TFAR on Sunday. Unsure of its success as I missed most of the OP, but I’m sure both of those mods will be the topic of discussion in the next week or two amongst the Community Team Members (myself and Josh I believe) and the I&A staff. As well as the mission makers of course.