Invictiis

Which SG server requires further development and attention?

Which SG server requires further development and attention?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Red    1068

I'd vote but I don't play on any of the servers.

• Like 2
    • lul 5
    • hahaa 1
    • Haha 1

Nova    1779

you do know that each server has their own developer right? like if it says AL needs more development that doesnt mean we gonna make fitz work on it

• Like 3
    • Wesmart 2
    • Jebaited 1
    • Angry 1

Nova    1779
    Just now, Invictiis said:

@Nova wait you're telling me WL has a developer!? :Thinking3D:

@James32 when did WL get a dev? XD

what are you trying to get at with this post? like fitz or connor probably wont work on WL. james does it when he has time

• Like 1

If you think a server needs more development why don't you help the development team by giving them suggestions and reporting bugs. Sometimes its hard for the dev team to come up with a new idea or fix bugs because they don't play on the server as much as everyone else. Thinking of new thing to implement to a server can be pretty challenging at times and I'm sure it would help them a lot if you give them an idea to work off. Plus it does take time for these types of things to happen.

• Dislike 1

Invictiis    214

@Connor Manson hmm why didn't i think of that? I've been one of the few to actually provide DEV suggestions and bug reports. Clearly you've failed to look at my profile before commenting. It took weeks to fix thermals on Verona which were a mistake to begin with, combat logging is still valid because they forgot it or had an aneurysm while rewriting the server rules and there's still plenty more unfixed problems. TBH i want the server to be as great as possible even if i wont be playing it in the future.

Edited by Invictiis
    • Like 1
    • Seems Good 2
    • <3 1

w0nder    42
    On 7/22/2018 at 5:23 PM, Connor Manson said:

If you think a server needs more development why don't you help the development team by giving them suggestions and reporting bugs. Sometimes its hard for the dev team to come up with a new idea or fix bugs because they don't play on the server as much as everyone else. Thinking of new thing to implement to a server can be pretty challenging at times and I'm sure it would help them a lot if you give them an idea to work off. Plus it does take time for these types of things to happen.

Love when people like this try to suck off the devs and staff team. How you gonna join on May 22nd and act like you run the joint. LUL.

• Like 1
    • Wait What? 2
    • babyrage 1
    • Haha 1

Hope    154
    18 hours ago, w0nder said:

Love when people like this try to suck off the devs and staff team. How you gonna join on May 22nd and act like you run the joint. LUL.

People are allowed to give their opinions, and you really can't say shit when you don't even play... 'LUL'

• Jebaited 1
    • Sad 1

Slep.    279

Either way, its direct input from the community,  which allows us to gauge which server needs the most attention. Tbh the thread is doing what it was made to do, get opinions from the playerbase.

• Like 3

Neanp    21

honestly... Invictiis and the rest of the group have tried, we told James directly, we told him on the forums (AKA invictiis does it), And i personally think that Wasteland is going to die if it doesn't get the love it use to get.

Wasteland use to be so good... We didn't have as much problems as we do now for example:

Verona's. (Major Major Problem - Thermals, Price and Accessibility from crates)

Combat-Logging with 100k while people are assaulting your area. (Major Problem)

Team-Balancing. (Major Problem - Stack-for)

Token's. (Problem - Basically Useless... Etc.)

Server performance. (Semi-serious problem - The server has a lot of frame drops, NOT MY PC.)

Adding rules for global chat. (Major problem - Trust me, That channel should be made for in-game access to admin's only.)

Wipe probably needed. (Due to Combat-Logging Past duping in case it has been sent to other players etc...)

USS FREEDOM. (Uncomfortable - Should probably be put further away from land, so that it looks nicer and gives the effect that it's an actual Aircraft-carrier Assaulting Straits)

Salt. (Major Problem - PEOPLE GOTTA EAT LESS SALT ON THEIR DAMN CHIPS)

Etc.... ( There are a few more)

I personally think that wasteland should be receiving love as it hasn't received love for awhile now.

@Invictiis @James32 and everyone else... I guess

• Like 1
    • Wait What? 1
    • Dansgame 1
    • <3 2
    • thinking3d 2

SoulStealer    9

There seems to be a few problems on the server of late, Sunday after 12am restart vehicles were spawning randomly all over the map? Purchased Tanks glitching 12ks out to sea? Purchased Aircraft won't turn on?

Neanp    21
    On 08/08/2018 at 9:00 AM, Blue Eagle [+1 CREW] said:

it wasnt tho thats the thing xD and im good thanks you?

Not bad, and it was... Trust me it was a massive pain in the as* because of being force team-balanced 

Edited by Neanp

BulletL    77

Not that my input should be valued over someone who currently plays however, I believe the key aspects of the community have 'faded' for lack of a better term. Anyone who has seriously been playing Wasteland for an extended period of time should easily be able to articulate the flaws currently prevent the server from success.

From my observations over time due to certain changes and actions of particular staff members the 'seasoned' players began to diminish, this was the loss of the regular everyday committed group of players which populated the server day in day out. With this more changes were made to 'revive' the situation however unsuccessful and unfortunately led the what is now the current server status.

Now I could go on for a while however I think the server should be returned to it's basis. The original form in which everyone played it for - extensive use of vehicles, mass destruction, mass player wars, strategy based warfare etc etc... No one particular enjoys the restrictions, the game will never be fair hence the learning curve and the ability to join large teams.

• Like 3

CeeFar    585
    4 hours ago, BulletL said:

extensive use of vehicles, mass destruction, mass player wars, strategy based warfare etc etc... No one particular enjoys the restrictions, the game will never be fair hence the learning curve and the ability to join large teams.

mass destruction and group v group combat is what i lived for. 

• Like 1

Lachlan    204
    22 hours ago, BulletL said:

Not that my input should be valued over someone who currently plays however, I believe the key aspects of the community have 'faded' for lack of a better term. Anyone who has seriously been playing Wasteland for an extended period of time should easily be able to articulate the flaws currently prevent the server from success.

From my observations over time due to certain changes and actions of particular staff members the 'seasoned' players began to diminish, this was the loss of the regular everyday committed group of players which populated the server day in day out. With this more changes were made to 'revive' the situation however unsuccessful and unfortunately led the what is now the current server status.

Now I could go on for a while however I think the server should be returned to it's basis. The original form in which everyone played it for - extensive use of vehicles, mass destruction, mass player wars, strategy based warfare etc etc... No one particular enjoys the restrictions, the game will never be fair hence the learning curve and the ability to join large teams.

I do miss the old day of the server when there weren't as many restrictions you could be more free but I do agree with what is saying there should be a poll made about the future wasteland updates. the staff who originally developed have moved on with there lives but the wasteland server dose need to go back to basic and start over with no restrictions and be rebuilt from the gourd up and a poll should be out to what the players want for updates. But remove artillery tanks cause there OP as anything.

• Like 1
    • hahaa 2

BulletL    77
    20 hours ago, nclem said:

mass destruction and group v group combat is what i lived for. 

Case and Point.

2 hours ago, Lachlan said:

I do miss the old day of the server when there weren't as many restrictions you could be more free but I do agree with what is saying there should be a poll made about the future wasteland updates. the staff who originally developed have moved on with there lives but the wasteland server dose need to go back to basic and start over with no restrictions and be rebuilt from the gourd up and a poll should be out to what the players want for updates. But remove artillery tanks cause there OP as anything.

100% agreed.

----------------------

Additionally, I tested the server the other day, I think the performance is absolutely horrible, and I have a decent PC. I firmly believe there must be an overhaul with the efforts of the greater community in order to resolve the issues. 

Before I make this point just remember that I don't own the server, I have no stake in Straya Gaming, I gain nothing other than fun from Wasteland's success. 

If a decision is made I am sure that efforts to utilise developers from other servers in one big effort to reform the Wasteland server will result in a fully functioning 60player server up and running with donations coming in.

I really hope no-one takes this the wrong way, I am only trying to help FIX the server :D

Edited by BulletL
    • Like 2
    • thinking3d 1

Unit_3397    712
    On 7/22/2018 at 2:05 PM, Invictiis said:

WL doesn't get the love it used to get is all even though it has decent pop. Just wanted to see what others thought.

you know me, wasteland all de wey :P 

Links    336

return server to bare-bones, remove all thermals, team balance,

I would say a script that comes up with "Missle Warning" for people in cars, tanks , heli or Jet when a rocket has been fired at you I believe this would help with missile spam giving the player time to run away or eject flare a missile 

Thoughts or Rants quote me below?

let's have a discussion there's lots of us from the old days with good ideas lets brainstorm.