Jay    661

Possible game servers;

CS:GO

Minecraft (for J. Rambo <3)

Garry's Mod

DayZ (Probably your best bet)

7 Days to Die

Arma 2

Reign Of Kings (not sure how many people play it any-more...)

Insurgency

ARK

Edited by Jay
  • Like 2

• Zorgain    482

I mean Minecraft wouldn't be bad, but I always got bored of it fast. Best server would have to be DayZ

Sylver    27
    3 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

some pc's cant handle large stations let alone planets. its pretty pricey for a 40 slot server. i'd probably go for like 20-30 slots at first to see if theres interest

I agree with starting with 20-30 slots but if your pc can't handle the new version of space engineers due to planets then how do you even run arma 3?

Nova    1779
    1 hour ago, Sylver said:

I agree with starting with 20-30 slots but if your pc can't handle the new version of space engineers due to planets then how do you even run arma 3?

i run both space engineers and arma 3 at 720p but surprisingly space engineers runs better even tho the map is much larger. you do make a fair point. but arent we trying to reach beyond the arma community? so have low end machines play on the server would bring in more people. and also the high end pc's

Cpt. Duck    104
    6 hours ago, Jay said:

Possible game servers;

CS:GO

Minecraft (for J. Rambo <3)

Garry's Mod

DayZ (Probably your best bet)

7 Days to Die

Arma 2

Reign Of Kings (not sure how many people play it any-more...)

Insurgency

ARK

CS:GO: only community servers like minigames and surf get enough to support themselves
    MC: Not enough players
    GMOD: very young playerbase with a lot of trolls
    DAYZ: Close to 0 players now, no one ever donates aswell
    7DTD: Not enough people own the game
    A2: outdated, not enough players
    RoK: Virtually 2 players in Aus
    Insurgency: Lucky to fill a lobby with regulars
    ARK: not many Aus players anymore but out of the list, this is one of the best...

• Like 3

Cpt. Duck    104

I would primarily suggest a introduction of Straya Gaming into the CS:GO scene, there are many benefits of starting a server on CS:GO and not many disadvantages...
    1. It is one of the most played games of all time/ HUGE player base
    2. potential for expansion of game servers from Minigames to Jailbreak to surf to deathrun to just plain alpha game modes like retake...
    3. Advertisements, when joining CS servers most have a short advertisement at the start which helps the server stay running
    4. Easy to administrate and take care of.

• Like 1

Sylver    27
    2 hours ago, InfamousNova said:

i run both space engineers and arma 3 at 720p but surprisingly space engineers runs better even tho the map is much larger. you do make a fair point. but arent we trying to reach beyond the arma community? so have low end machines play on the server would bring in more people. and also the high end pc's

I used to play the old version of space engineers on an old toshiba laptop: gt540m gpu, 2.2ghz i7, 6gb 1600mhz ram. Yeah I know pretty shit system, but I was able to run the older version before planets were in and I could build large structures and only ended up with mass fps drops once there was damage done to the structures like what a warhead does. Mind you this was when the game was dx9. For anyone who wants to be able to play they would need at a minimum a gpu that supports dx11as thats required for planets.

Ya Mum    187

Depends on what type of servers are we going to stick to, First person shooter type, world of warcraft, Minecraft, flight simulation etc but if it were me just let the gaming statistics decide.

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-20-core-pc-games/ for example

Get big fuck of posters made, speak to EB games and get them put up in there with Straya Gaming Community in big fuck off letters. Failing that, signs right out the front of EB games or something like that

• Like 1

LuckyB33f    1287

I love space engineers good game... also like surfing on CS...

Dayz is a waste as its got the same rules as arma 3

• Like 4

Nova    1779
    15 hours ago, Sylver said:

I used to play the old version of space engineers on an old toshiba laptop: gt540m gpu, 2.2ghz i7, 6gb 1600mhz ram. Yeah I know pretty shit system, but I was able to run the older version before planets were in and I could build large structures and only ended up with mass fps drops once there was damage done to the structures like what a warhead does. Mind you this was when the game was dx9. For anyone who wants to be able to play they would need at a minimum a gpu that supports dx11as thats required for planets.

DX11 is mandatory now anyway. as well as a 64bit version of the game. last patch  forced it. i have really done any huge builds or played around but its been optimized a lot now. but i definitely thing we should get a space engineers server. i know a couple ASF guys have the game

• Like 1

Sylver    27
    1 hour ago, InfamousNova said:

DX11 is mandatory now anyway. as well as a 64bit version of the game. last patch  forced it. i have really done any huge builds or played around but its been optimized a lot now. but i definitely thing we should get a space engineers server. i know a couple ASF guys have the game

The funding required for a space engineers server is not that expensive either, anyone could get one with 30 slots for under $60 per month, although strayagaming would get it cheaper due to having a community based account with the provider.

Nova    1779
    57 minutes ago, Sylver said:

The funding required for a space engineers server is not that expensive either, anyone could get one with 30 slots for under $60 per month, although strayagaming would get it cheaper due to having a community based account with the provider.

yeah you're right

I personally would like an insurgency server, Its a growing game and is cheap as chips, so alot of people will be buying it in the near future if straya does get a server on insurgency. It even goes on sale for 2$ sometimes, theres many gamemodes, and its uncomparable to other games. The playerbase is growing rapidly and i believe strayagaming will easily be able to fill a 30 slot server 90% of the time if and when it gets up and running. Its easy to run, cheap, growing player base, and it is a realistic FPS which kind of feels like battlefield had a baby with arma and its just ridiculously fun, and i personally think it has the best gameplay mechanics out of any fps out there right now. 

Leopard    7

Well with the only other big time A3L community looking like its over.. (Housos) 

I think A3L

I think even though A3L is still ArmA3 it would allow Strayagaming to have the only successful A3L server in Australia this essentially forces people into playing your server and if done right could see I would think anywhere up to 200 members in a month or two.

Only issue with A3L is the amount of coding required as there is very little default to work from.

Takistan is a horrible theory. The RolePlay is garbage and gets BORING really fast. Trust me.

A bunch of 12vies running around with suicide vests that require minimal declaration... 

I do though feel a altered version of Takistan could be successful.. A less kill spree and Hardcore RP essentially a A3L lakeside but on takistan map..

According to a few people I have talked to, Takistan has quite a large frame that requires very basic and minimul amount of coding to be running in full flight.

Overall; Talk about controlling the market, A3L is something no one has at the moment.. (apart from a dead and angry, no longer being developed housos community) and is a great attraction for the community.

- Mr. Snow Leopard

//See ya on the end of me .408//

• Like 1

Envy    649
    21 hours ago, Mitchell A. Westermann said:

Well with the only other big time A3L community looking like its over.. (Housos) 

I think A3L

I think even though A3L is still ArmA3 it would allow Strayagaming to have the only successful A3L server in Australia this essentially forces people into playing your server and if done right could see I would think anywhere up to 200 members in a month or two.

Only issue with A3L is the amount of coding required as there is very little default to work from.

Takistan is a horrible theory. The RolePlay is garbage and gets BORING really fast. Trust me.

A bunch of 12vies running around with suicide vests that require minimal declaration... 

I do though feel a altered version of Takistan could be successful.. A less kill spree and Hardcore RP essentially a A3L lakeside but on takistan map..

According to a few people I have talked to, Takistan has quite a large frame that requires very basic and minimul amount of coding to be running in full flight.

Overall; Talk about controlling the market, A3L is something no one has at the moment.. (apart from a dead and angry, no longer being developed housos community) and is a great attraction for the community.

- Mr. Snow Leopard

//See ya on the end of me .408//

Could not have said it any better, +1.

Unit_3397    712

What ever the map/ mode, I think it be interesting to see how disabling 3rd person (camera) mode goes. See if a 'hardcore' setting flies with the community.

Sylver    27

Seems like the 2 most popular game servers in this thread is CSGO and Space Engineers, does anyone else have a suggestion for a different game server or a particular mode for the above?

Zorgain    482

I mean if they think they can handle another server then why not go ahead but there's not much point in another game server as of yet, Just my thoughts.

Sylver    27

The ideas of other game servers are not limited to variety for current members, it is also focused on gaining more members leading up to making strayagaming the community of choice for many due to the diversity of gaming available and place it as number 1. I personally think that now is as good a time as any to introduce new game servers and having the community decide what games they should be seems to be the most logical thing to do.